Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

Eyeshadow palette

Spoiler
Looking for suggestions for eyeshadow palettes

Hi, I never had an eyeshadow palette and I’m looking for suggestions since I’m a beginner in the subject. I don’t want anything extra since my makeup is always pretty simple so I’m looking more for neutral colors and just so you know, my eyes are green. Thank you!

Re: Eyeshadow palette

I would go with Anastasia Beverly Hills Soft Glam Eyeshadow Palette. it definitely is on the pricier side but sadly I still can’t find a good nude drugstore option.

I agree with everyone else on Anastasia Beverly Hills Soft Glam Eyeshadow Palette I wear mostly neutrals, with the exceptions on mauve and light pink/peach eyeshadows, and the Soft Glam palette give you some really solid neutral shades. I also like that it has a mix of lighter and deeper shadows (I use the deeper ones as liner, I just gently press it into my lash line). I will say that in my experience, ABH shadows can be very pigmented, so a little goes a long way and it can be easy to apply too much shadow. 

If you'd rather try something more affordable, I second ColourPop. They have solid formulas and lots of palettes. The neutral palettes of theirs that come to mind are Nude Mood (warmer tone neutrals), Going Coconuts, and That's Taupe (cooler tone neutrals). I have blue-green eyes, and I find the cooler shades in the taupe palette really flattering, but if your eyes are more hazel-green, you might enjoy the warmer tone eyeshadows. They also have options for you to make your own palette! You can find them online or at Ulta.

My favourite palettes are from Huda Beauty and Anastasia ! I find their shadows blend effortlessly!

I recommend: 

HUDA BEAUTY The New Nude Eyeshadow Palette 

Anastasia Beverly Hills Soft Glam Eyeshadow Palette 

you can also look into morphe ! They have a large range of shadow collections at a relatively cheaper price !

Morphe The James Charles Palette 2.67 oz/ 75.7 g 

Morphe The Jaclyn Hill Eyeshadow Palette 

I don’t really have a budget but I don’t really feel the need to buy something super expensive.. I’m more looking for a good quality for price ratio 🙂

@Elodz Anastasia Beverly Hills Mini Soft Glam II Eye Shadow Palette Anastasia Beverly Hills Soft Glam Eyeshadow Palette Natasha Denona Mini Nude Eyeshadow Palette Natasha Denona Camel Eyeshadow Palette Camel 

I don’t really have a budget but I don’t really feel the need to buy something super expensive.. I’m more looking for a good quality for price ratio 🙂

@Elodz Real techniques are good for drugstore brand and also Japonesque. If you want to get to better brushes than Artis, MAC, Tom Ford, Koyudo, chikohodo, Chantecaille. 

Hi, @Elodz 

When I hear "beginner", first palettes that come to mind are the tarte Tartelette™ In Bloom Clay Eyeshadow Palette 12 x 0.053 oz/ 1.5 g and the tarte Tartelette™ Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadow Palette, or the Urban Decay Naked Basics Eyeshadow Palette Naked Basics .

Some others worth considering (given you have green eyes) are the Urban Decay Naked3 Eyeshadow Palette Naked3 or the Anastasia Beverly Hills Soft Glam Eyeshadow Palette . For a small-but-mighty (and it is more travel-sized) option, the Viseart Midsommer Petit Pro Eyeshadow Palette 0.28 oz/ 8g would be really pretty.

If you are working with a lower budget, the SEPHORA COLLECTION Eye Love Eyeshadow Palette , the Winky Lux Coffee or Cashmere Kitten palettes, Milani's Soft & Sultry, or the ColourPop Nude Mood would be good options. You can get the Winky Lux or ColourPop at ULTA; Milani is usually available at Amazon, Target, or WalMart

Thank you for your answer! Would you also have any suggestions for brushes? 

Brushes are something that you collect over time in my opinion. If you dont have a massive price issue though, it makes it easier..

Sigma has a nice beginner's set and they're good quality brushes. 

Sephora brand brushes are actually really good too. Especially the pro line.

MAKE UP FOREVER brushes are fantastic, Shideido, Smashbox.. etc

*sorry I know that's very general, if you can give examples of what you're looking for (individual brushes, brush sets, eye brushes, face brushes etc.) I feel like I, as well as many others could be a bit more help. 

@Elodz ,

Unfortunately, the one I reach for the most (Kat Von D Shade and Light Eye Contour) has been discontinued. That one pretty much does all the work for you. Probably the closest match RN is the HUDA BEAUTY Build & Blend Dual-Ended Eyeshadow Blending Brush .

FWIW, Sephora has the Tarte Amazonian Clay eyeshadow palettes on sale for Cyber Monday. Those would be good starters, and the price is great RN.

@Elodz @Depends on your budget. 

12 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 23 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing