cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

Eyeshadow Palette Recommendations Please

Hi all!

im in a rut with my eyeshadow and am hoping you can help. I’m mid 40’s, mid blonde, fair skin, blue eyes,  professional office, like to dress it up with some sparkle or a smokier eye when going out. For years I’ve been wearing the same shades in the same way and I’m looking for a palette where I can do my tried and true look, but also have something maybe the same tone/saturation but in grey/pink/charcoal as well as some shimmer/glitter but not too much. I like a pearl or shimmer lid, satin or matte crease and a matte outer v. 

My go to colours are from Mac ( I’ve been wearing these colours, or a variation of them for about 20 years now, so am a bit scared to step beyond as there’s a lot of money already wasted onpalettes that I couldn’t make work. In the photo below are the 4 I’ve been using so you get an idea of my comfort zone

Thanks in advance for your suggestions 

AEF3D428-81E6-4068-867C-9BD6B99633E9.jpeg

- phloof, arena, satin taupe and courduroy. 

RE: Eyeshadow Palette Recommendations Please

Re: Eyeshadow Palette Recommendations Please

Thank you so much @DaneeBT@RebeccaBT, @kay522, @onemakeupgirl, @gymgirl2 !

I have tried to heart your comments but for some reason it won't let me...I'm gonna go on a swatch spree in store over the weekend and swatch those you have recommended and see where I end up!

Hi @CheerMomma !

I'd suggest taking a look at the HUDA BEAUTYObsessions Eyeshadow Palette in Mauve! These eyeshadows are super pigmented, comes with mattes and shimmers, and you can create a soft, natural look or even a smoky eye with this palette 🙂

https://www.sephora.com/product/obsessions-eyeshadow-palette-P425909

Always,
Danee

Hi @CheerMomma,

I recommend the Anastasia Beverly Hills Soft Glam Eyeshadow Palette. It is very versatile and offers 14 shades. Some are similar to the shadows you are wearing and some will be an easy transition into a new shade! I hope this helps!

Best,

Rebecca 

I'll second the Soft Glam palette! It's a great palette. If you're looking for cooler tones, then the ANASTASIA BEVERLY HILLS - Sultry Eyeshadow Palette might be something to look at as well. It does lean on the dark side, but there's some nice lighter neutrals to work with for daytime looks.

RE: Eyeshadow Palette Recommendations Please

What about the new nude from huda coming out nov 1st?? So pretty!!!

I'm all about that palette!! @OneMakeupGirl 💖

I'm all about that palette!! @OneMakeupGirl 💖

@CheerMomma - ColourPop has some palettes that fit your criteria. The Disney palette, Perception palette, and Fortune palette are ones that come to mind. Very daytime appropriate w/ pops of color and shimmer to make it fun while still being affordable. 

If you don't mind spending $$, the Anastasia Beverly Hills palettes are good ones to look at. It's a softer, more powdery formula compared to MAC, but still pigmented and blendable. 

Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 9 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
Photos1
  • AEF3D428-81E6-4068-867C-9BD6B99633E9.jpeg
testing