Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brows, Brows, Brows
Anonymous Insider

Eyebrows

I am looking for the right eyebrow color for my eyes. I want to use the brow pencil wiz but not sure how to pick out my color. I am new at this.

Re: Eyebrows

@Anonymous I have dark brown hair and use Ebony.  When I dye my hair more reddish brown I use Chocolate.

The color advice below is right on target. I also wouldn't immediately assume you need pencil. Maybe a tinted gel will do the trick, depending on what effect you want. 

@Anonymous 

I agree with @heavyhedon.  Pencils, powders and gels (used by itself) are best for people who have at least a decent amount of brow hairs.  If you have sparse brows, and use pencil, you will run out of the product very quickly.

For me, I have sparse brows, so Anastasia Beverly Hills DIPBROW® Waterproof, Smudge Proof Brow Pomade Ebony (not this color) is the best.  I use it every day with the Anastasia Beverly Hills Dual-Ended Firm Angled Eyebrow Brush #12.  On special occasions, I will use the dip brow and top it off with Benefit Cosmetics Gimme Brow+ Blowout! brow-volumizing gel duo 2.  The gel helps give brows a fuller look and keeps my brow hairs in place.

Hi @Anonymous!

If you have light eyebrows, go one shade darker than your hair, and if you have dark eyebrows, you go one shade lighter.  Then, pick the correct undertone.  If you have cool undertones, choose an ashy shade.

Anonymous Insider

How do I know if I have cool or warm under tones?

@Anonymous 

Based on the little bit of hair I see in your profile pic, I'd say you have warm undertones.

Anonymous Insider

Thanks! So, if I was wanting to use the eyebrow wiz. I would be a soft brown?

@Anonymous 

Based on the color shown in the Brow Wiz photo, I'd say Soft Brown a good color for you.   I've used Chocolate when I had dark brown hair so that'd be too dark for you.

The color might be slightly different in real life tho.  Wish they had photos of models using the actual color...

Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 8 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing