Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

Eye shadow primer for oily eye lids

Hello everyone! I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on good eye shadow primers for oily eye lids? I used to use urban decay primer potion and also NARS concealer but I feel like those are usually the two OGs and I wanted to branch to other products. I find it hard to rely on reviews cause they are always so mixed for everyone 😕

Re: Eye shadow primer for oily eye lids

Hi there @viviaano ! I know, I’m late to

the game, but figured I’d give my 2 cents worth anyways. 😉

I’m in the same boat as you and @RGbrown, UD Primer Potion really didn’t help that much for me either. I’ve found that my favorite is Too Faced Shadow Insurance Eyeshadow Primer. A prime example (no pun intended, I swear!) is last Friday, my small town had their football homecoming parade/game and my high school class were the “honorary grand marshals” for the events, when it was 85 degrees outside…perfect football weather! LOL! We also had our class reunion in combination with all this. I used it, put on my eye makeup and when I went to bed that night, it looked like I had just done it. Your stuff won’t budge!

@viviaano 

I've got oily lids, so much so that UD couldn't hold for me all day every day...sometimes it was great, but other days, it would fail and I'd have giant creases in my shadow within a couple of hours of applying it. I've got two favorites that have never let me down though!

Smashbox 24 Hour Photo Finish Eyeshadow Primer 0.41 oz/ 11 g 

Simply phenomenal at its job, and the large tube will last forever as it doesn't take much.

NARS Pro-Prime™ Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base 

Works equally well compared to Smashbox, but it's a smaller amount of product for more money...I'll use minis when I get one in a gwp, but likely wouldn't buy a tube when I can get a better deal on Smashbox.

I also have oily lids, @viviaano, and @RGbrown has named my two faves as well. I slightly prefer the Nars one. 

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing