Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

Eye liner trouble

hi, I have just recently started using eye liner, and I always put it on too thick, how to I get it thiner, but bold to bring out my eyes?

Re: Eye liner trouble

Do you have a store nearby?  This is where the quick service is great. You can ask me what works best for your eye shape. For me, dark eye liner only makes my eyes look smaller, as does tightlining. I smudge a darker, matching shadow as an eyeliner, but that is based on the advice of more than one Makeup Artist in the store. They can really help a lot here. 

Re: Eye liner trouble

What kind of eyeliner are you using now?

I personally use matte black or dark brown eyeshadow with an angled liner brush to get very fine lines, but that look is a bit soft. I just couldn't get pencil on as thinly as I needed it for my own tastes, and I find that using a brush vs. a pencil or pen (like with pencil or liquid liners) helps me a lot with control.

I'd say look into gel liners like Bobbi Brown's (here: http://www.sephora.com/long-wear-gel-eyeliner-P270539?skuId=1287408) applied with an angled liner brush if you want a controllable line with a bit more of a punch, color-wise (more of a bold, thin line).

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing