Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes

Eye Lashes — Help!

Hey everyone, I desperately want to put fake lashes on but have such a hard time doing so. Is it my glue? Is it the application? Do I wait long enough? What is the products that you use along with the process?

Re: Eye Lashes — Help!

Hi @JWil12 I struggled with false lashes for soooo long. Here are the best tips and tricks that i've learned and helped me the most : 
-Using a clear/white glue, because you can see the glue turns "transparent" when it dries down

-Trying lashes with thicker/thinner band and see what are your preferences. I think thicker bands are easier to apply but thinner bands are most comfortable. 
-Mesuring your lashes to fit your eye and cutting the excess band/hair. A lot of false lashes are super long and it doesn't look natural if you apply them without trimming the excess. I know some brands like Velour Lashes sells false lashes on sephora that are no-trim and ready to apply.

-You can also curl your false lashes with an eyelash curler but this part is optional.

For the application first i put a small layer of black mascara just coloring them in. Then i put the glue all over the band and i apply more glue in the outer and inner corner. I wait about 20-30 seconds for my glue to dry and wait until it's tacky. I buy the Duo lash adhesive at walmart and it works perfectly fine i don't think expensive glues are worth it. I think if your glue has a brush applicator it's easier to apply then in a tube that you squeeze and it gets everywhere.
Then i take my lashes with my tweezers, you could try a lash applicator or some people do it directly with their fingers. I personally prefer tweezers, i think they're more precise. 
And the BEST tip that has helped me is looking down in a mirror when applying. You can raise your eyebrows if it helps. I pop the lash in the center then stick the lash to the outer corner and inner corner last. And be careful not to glue your false lashes to your natural lashes, but really on your skin. Sometimes there will be a gap if your lashes are not close enough to your natural lashes and you can see the skin through. I like to carefully pinch together the falshe lashes to my natural lashes with my tweezers. You can also tightline your eyes with a black liner to cancel the visible space.

I really hope this helps. It took me a really long time to get it, but practice makes perfect.

RE: Re: Eye Lashes — Help!

Thank you so much!!

Re: RE: Re: Eye Lashes — Help!

Do not forget that practice makes perfect.

Thank you so much for the detailed process. I am 48 and have always wanted to wear eyelashes and never have tried yet. So today is the day! How about bottom lashes? Do you apply them about the same way?

Hello @CrazyCatLady69 happy to hear you're giving it a try! Don't be discouraged if it doesn't work perfectly the first time. I have never worn bottom false lashes, so I can't really help. But I guess the process must be quite similar.

Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 11 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing