Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

Everyday Eyes

Does anyone have any recommendations for a quick, natural, office-ready eye look? I tend to like cream shadows because I always feel like I can apply them a little quicker and I'm ALWAYS pressed for time in the morning. Been thinking of trying the Milk shadow quad, but I've heard mixed things about it. Would love to hear if anyone has thoughts on that product, or any other suggestions you might have!

RE: Everyday Eyes

Thanks for the suggestions y'all!

Re: Everyday Eyes

I recommend Laura Mercier's Caviar Sticks.  They go on smoothly and I use my finger to blend them out.  They're perfect on days when I'm running late but want to look put together.  If you try it and like it, usually during the holidays she makes a value set.  That's when I first tried them out and had a few to experiment with.

My running-out-the-door looks are either eyeshadow sticks: NYX (inexpensive, long lasting, & a huge shade range), Bobbi Brown, Laura Mercier to name a few.

Or the Make Up For Ever Artist shadows. These are a little more pricey but worth it in my opinion (pigmentation, quantity, & longevity) . If I don't grab a shadow stick I apply one of my MUFE shades all over with my finger. 

@ShannonAlexis I have pink heather, damson and pearl grey. I use the pink heather the most. It's a good base shade. I like pearl grey too. It's not crazy dark. The biggest disappointment is damson. It doesn't apply nearly as well as the other two and you can see glitter where the other two just read as a sheen. It's kinda patchy. I think I'd like to try gold copper and dusty pink. And mink. Which makes it just a few shy of the whole collection. Lol!

Eye makeup is rarely on my radar when I'm getting ready for work. Mostly because I wear my glasses to work more often than not so it's tough to do makeup while blind. On the rare occasions I do eye makeup for work, I like the Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Color. I only have a couple, but they go on smooth and quick, can be blended with a brush or finger, and I like the stick form as it is more precise and can be less messy compared to a pan of cream shadow.

@ShannonAlexis I noticed that Sephora was down to one color. Are they all gone now?  I'm pretty sure other stores carry them though (but I suddenly feel the need to check) 

@ShannonAlexis I just did a quick check and both Saks and Nordstrom carry them, although in slightly different colors.  Probably other stores carry them as well. Whew!

@jozkid Whew indeed! Thanks for the heads up! Which colors do you have/recommend? 

@hallh You're right, cream shadows are a lot faster. Here are the ones I've been favoring for work. I either wear them lightly on their own, or a little heavier with a matte in the crease.

IMG_7041.JPG

Left to right: Burberry Eye Color Cream in Dusky Mauve, Manna Kadar Eye Candy Priming Shadow Stick in Honey, Essence 2 in 1 Eyeshadow stick in She's Got The Mauve, and MUFE Aqua Matic in ME-54

@ShannonAlexis I love those Burberry Color Creams!  They go on so smoothly and blend so easily. I need to get more colors. Yup - need!

jozkid wrote:

@ShannonAlexis I love those Burberry Color Creams!  They go on so smoothly and blend so easily. I need to get more colors. Yup - need!

I was looking into more shades last night, and just noticed they've been removed from the Sephora website. Hopefully they're not being discontinued!

I love cream shadows especially on those days I'm rushing to get out the door. I think the best ones I've tried are Giorgio Armani Eye Tints. They even have matte ones. Camel is a beautiful color and it lasts all day. If you want something with a little sparkle Rose Ashes is a pretty color. 

I recommend a Nars Duo Chrome eyeshadow (singles), they have a range of colors, and because of the duo chrome property, as you move about, the shifts in shades make it look like you actually put effort into your eye look. The formula is also easy to apply and blend, you literally just need your finger or one brush, and you are done.

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 14 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
Photos1
  • IMG_7041.JPG
testing