Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Everything Eyes

Does anyone have or know of any step-by-step picture eyeshadow tutorials?

I'm still learning how to apply (with my hooded/droopy eyelids, ugh) and I've found the ones with step-by-step photos help the best - better than YouTube vids & whatnot. Does anyone have any they've done themselves or know of any sites that have some good photo ones? Any tips for a girl with hooded/droopy/too-much-skin eyelids?

Re: Does anyone have or know of any step-by-step picture eyeshadow tutorials?

Go to Youtube and search! I'm telling you, your world will never be the same! 

I do, but for some reason I found a tutorial on a blog a few weeks ago and it reeeally helped. I still look @ youtube tutorials but I just can't seem to pick it up nearly as quick. I watch, pause, put on shadow, watch, pause, put on shadow and then in the end it never turns out right! I'm not giving up completely though. Just for now.

It will come, I promise! Remember that its only makeup and it should be fun! Honestly, this might be silly but sometimes my best makeup is when I'm in a rush. You don't have time to over think things. I'd also maybe go to a class at Sephora or go in store and ask one of the artists for some help! 

I googled it and that's a hard one to find!

Here's one though:

missbudgetbeauty dot co dot uk/smokey-shadow-for-hooded-eyes/

If you use Instagram look up beautybymegannaik

She doesn't have tutorials but you can see beautiful looks for droopy lids to give you some ideas Smiley Happy

It is hard to find! I've found a couple but not many. I'll check out the site and the instagram! thanks so much!

Hmm I haven't really come across that before. You could look for eyeshadow tutorials on tumblr maybe?

I was actually just watching a view makeup tutorials on hooded/mature eyes on gossmakeupartists (?) channel and he suggests to put eyeliner on the upper water line instead of the like lash line. Pretty much you want to make it as thin as possible so it doesn't look like shadow and makes your lids look bigger. I can't remember what he said about shadow but you should check them out.

Funny, I just watched that eyeliner video this afternoon!

And this is why you read the comments before you make one. Oops.

I know this may sound old fashioned by you can go to your local library and check out some books. There are some great ones out there with step by step pictures. Bobbi Brown, Seventeen Magazine and even Sephora has published some books.

Check out goss makeupartist on YouTube. He's awesome and he has done at least one tutorial about hooded eyes. And another tutorial on how to figure out your eye shape. And just... lots of good tutorials.

oops - just noticed the no YouTube thing. Give it a try anyway? It could help. Smiley Happy

Haha, no worries! Thank you!

I did one myself its on tumblr, i also have deep set eyes if that is what you are talking about! but if you google "picture makeup tutorials" a lot of pictures come out. 

But some tips for myself, is i try not to put dark colors on the lids, because are eyes look so small as it is. 

Here are some pictures of deep set/hooded eyes

upload_858211870846488856.jpgupload_5647962496670459249.jpg

Another thing i do is look for celebrities that have the same kind of features as i do since they always have makeup on. here are some

upload_5670773970939680850.jpg

upload_606805954055884901.jpg

upload_8069313167115622131.jpg

This helps out a ton! I LOVE the colors on the 2nd one. & yes.. they're just like Blake & Taylor's. You can barely see my lid at all. Thank you so much!

No problem! I know you don't like Youtube tutorials, but maybe if you find someone that has your same eyes, it may help!

Kayleigh Noelle (youtube) also has deep set eyes! Just like taylor and Blake! So that may also help you!

It's a process. I have hooded eyes as well, not majorly so but enough to be annoying, and the way I have to apply makeup is completely different then what I see in videos. The lid process is the same, but its the crease part that's a bit difficult. I use MACs angle blended brush, I'll get the name later, to do my crease colors as it gets into where my eyelid fold/droops at so the color is at least there but the color is still being applied where it is easily seen. I know it probably makes no sense explained at all. @_@ Maybe I'll make a pictorial later to help.

image.jpg

Ooooh pretty I love this color!

Thank you, I'll try to find that brush.. maybe a different crease brush would help too. I feel like I've been buying brushes like crazy lately and just want to find ones that work for me. & I get what you're saying, I just recently learned that I can't apply it at my actual "crease" because you can't see it at all! Made a huge difference, but I'm still struggling a bit with it all.

It's the MAC 275 medium angled brush. Edited.jpgI don't know if you can really see my crease in this picture, but my crease color is on the outer edge of my eye. This brush helps me sweep it in because it's a non fluffy brush but also be a bit more precise. 

M87W.jpg

Wow, that look is beautiful on you! Thank you SO much for this info., I'll def. check this out (& more than likely end up getting one). Smiley Happy

28 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 28 replies
  • 17 Hearts Given
  • 12 Contributors
Photos9
  • upload_858211870846488856.jpg
  • upload_5647962496670459249.jpg
  • upload_5670773970939680850.jpg
  • upload_606805954055884901.jpg
  • upload_8069313167115622131.jpg
  • image.jpg