Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Everything Eyes

Do you prefer eyebrow powder or pencil?

I want to know what are your favorite eyebrow products if you fill in your brows! Do you prefer powder or pencil? What's your routine?

I personally now prefer pencil only because it's quicker. I usually fill them in with a eyebrow pencil, then use a spooly to blend it out and make it look more natural, then conceal around my eyebrows to make it nice, and lastly use a clear brow gel to finish it off for the long day ahead! 

Do you have any HG eyebrow products??

Re: Do you prefer eyebrow powder or pencil?

I prefer powder Brow Zings, but I also did try the tarte mousse and really liked it! I also just ordered the Anastasia set I just feel lke with the pencil the lines are hard and it looks like I did them with a sharpie Smiley Sad

Yeah I remember when I first started using pencil it looked so bad! But using a spooly to brush some of the color away helps A TON! Smiley Happy Also using a light hand does too Smiley Happy

Hi Sephoralovex, I love Anastasia's brow powder.  It lasts all day for me, & I like how many different shades there are to choose from!  Smiley Happy -Laura

I really like Lancome's Powder Pencil for Brows. It's literally like a powder in pencil form. Comes with a spooly attached so it's easy to use. I also love how natural the colors are--- not too red, not too ashy. Perfect

Since it's a powdery pencil rather than a waxy pencil, it never looks drawn on or harsh.

You do have to sharpen it though and I am not a fan of sharpening ANYTHING but the point seems to last a long time. I sharpen maybe once a week.

I'll have to check that out! I have a problem with a lot of pencils being too red toned.

Hmmm I can't find things red enough!

I vote for Lancome's Powder Pencil too !! 

Simply Flawless

I use Chanel's eyebrow pencil because they actually make one in black and it lasts all day. 

i prefer a pencil to a powder, because i find it is easier to control and looks cleaner.  I love Anasatasias brow wix pencil because it is easy to use and the colors are very natural looking.

I like and use both Smiley Happy

I use Maybelline Define A Brow Pencil

ELF Studio Brow kit in medium

NYX wax pencil (clear) to keep those stray hairs down.

Happy with what I have at the moment.

My eyebrows are pretty sparse in certain spots, so I like to use a very pointy pencil to draw on little "copycat" hairs to give them a more defined look. After that, I'll usually go back with an eyebrow powder to lightly fill in spots to give a more polished look. I use Beautique eyebrow pencils from Sallys because hello they're only 4 bucks! Plus, they come with a brush on the opposite end! As for the powder, Anastasia all the way!

I'm currently using a maybelline eyebrow pencil thats only $3!!! You also get it in a pack of two. But i feel it doesn't fill in my sparse areas too well... Thinking about just investing in one from Sephora Smiley Happy

I think you're eyebrows are so important. I use to use a pencil but they would always come out too dark. Here are my go-to's when doing my eyebrows that I can not live with out and works for me. Hope it helps. Smiley Happy

I prefer pencils for myself since I have pretty light sparse brows and dark hair. Although I right now I love Tarte's Brow Mousse, since I like a darker bolder brow this works great, it's very longlasting and easy to blend with a spooly. Although the brow mousse is better for those who like bolder darker brows, and will likely be intimidating or too much for some.

I used to love powder, I felt like I had more control over the shade & amount going on. Recently I got the tarte mousse & it's perfect for me. So now, no powder or pencil Smiley Wink I tried the universal Dior pencil that everyone raves about, but it made my full brows look too bold for my face. 

http://www.sephora.com/amazonian-clay-waterproof-brow-mousse-P376023?skuId=1461086

Ohh, I've been eyeing the Tarte Mousse for awhile & really want to try it out Smiley Happy  I'm currently using my UD Brow Box & it is really lasting!  I've had it for over a year & a half (every single day!) and I've barely hit pan on the lighter shade.  I love it <3

Urban Decay - Brow Box

I also picked up the Diorshow Brow Styler, but have yet to really give it a chance since I have my brow box handy & I'm so used to it.  I hear amazing things about it, so I cant wait to put it to good use

Dior - Diorshow Brow Styler Ultra-Fine Precision Brow Pencil

xo, Mia

Mia be careful with the dior! If you have full or dark brows it makes them REALLY bold. I looked like a clown even with a full face of makeup (and I applied with the lightest of hands). I also have the Urban Decay brow box, but the shades are off a bit. I have to do a lot more mixing than I do with the Anastasia powders. I like to keep it in my travel bag since it has the wax built in.

But the Tarte mousse! OMGeee!!!! Life changer for me. 

im totally gonna get this!!! Smiley Happy 

Yay! I do love this brow mousse. It comes with a brush which is nice and even though the pot looks tiny, it lasts a very long time since you don't need much

Highlighted

yes this is the one I was talking about I really like it Smiley Happy

yee it sure does Smiley Wink

I use the prestige cosmetics eyebrow pencil that I got at ulta. I have very light ash blonde brows and most other products make my eyebrows too reddish, and really unnatural. Plus, this was like $5.

I do need to get myself a pencil for days when I am in a rush, but right now I use and love MUFE Aqua Brow applied with an angled brush.  I am #15-blonde.

http://www.sephora.com/aqua-brow-P375462

I prefer brow powder just because I feel I can get more range in terms of application depending on what tool I use and how I use that tool. Different brushes give different looks and depending on how the brush is angled or pressed against the brow along with pressure can change the completed look.

I'm a fan of Smashbox's Brow Tech duo powders and wax along with Benefit's Brow Zings kits. My go to brow brush is Smashbox's angled brow, the hairs are coarser and sturdier and don't give under pressure.

Conversation Stats
Photos10
  • Anastasia brow powder duo.jpg
  • EYEBROWS.JPG
  • swfupload_5521486985784665395.jpg
  • swfupload_8933234612643783385.jpg
  • swfupload_8505444029072992108.jpg
  • swfupload_4229113615900365333.jpg
  • swfupload_1729201108458577734.jpg
  • swfupload_3911399319073566500.jpg
  • swfupload_5982592412340015376.jpg
  • swfupload_7225810326207166181.jpg