Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

Dark UnderEye Bags

The bags under my eyes are bad (reeeeallly bad) and I want to cover them up but idk how or what products to use, please help! So far I've tried the NYX HD concealer but the blue undertones are still visible. 

Re: Dark UnderEye Bags

Dark circles are the worst, @gisselIe! Especially if they’re hereditary like mine. I use BENEFIT COSMETICS - Boi-ing Brightening Concealerand either Too Faced Born This Way Super Coverage Multi-Use Concealer Caramelor CHARLOTTE TILBURY - Magic Away Concealer

. The Benefit Boi-ing is a corrector with peach undertones. Use the tiniest amount underneath your concealer. Born This Way is very full coverage and works wonders. Magic Away has slightly less coverage but is definitely still full. It has a slight glow to it that will further brighten the darkness. Use your concealer lightly as well. I’m not a fan of the way influencers apply a ridiculous amount of concealer. To me, it makes your makeup look caked on. If you have dry skin, you can skip setting powder. If you’re oily, set your undereyes lightly with powder and a damp sponge. 

You might be using the wrong concealer shade. 2 years ago, a makeup artist taught me to color correct my dark undereye circles with a deep orange bisque shade of concealer that’s a bit darker than my skin tone. (For me, that’s NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer Madeleine in the shade Truffle.) Sometimes that alone did the trick. Other times, I’d tap and blend a second concealer over it in a shade closer to my skin tone: NARS Radiant Creamy in Amande. The shade(s) best for you will of course depend on your skin tone. 🙂 Also, the type of concealer (cream vs. a more liquid consistency vs. a thick stick) depends on your skin type. My undereye skin is very dry, and the Radiant Creamy formula works best for me as long as I’ve hydrated and moisturized the heck outta that skin. 

Depending on what’s causing your undereye darkness, you might be able to reverse it. Then you might not feel a need to conceal it at all. Some of mine is caused by sunken hollow tear troughs, and the only way to reverse that is with injectable fillers (which I’m not willing to have done). But I also had dark circles caused by sun damage, and DR. DENNIS GROSS SKINCARE - Ferulic + Retinol Triple Correction Eye Serum has pretty much erased it after 2 months of consistent use. I also occasionally get dark circles from lack of sleep and excessive eye rubbing (allergies); that’s when I’m most likely to use concealer these days. 

RE: Dark UnderEye Bags

I have tried sooo many products over the years from eye creams and serums to concealers some things would work but not like I would like. Until this past year I found 2 products that Work wonders. I use the Algenist complete eye renewal balm (I saw results in the matter of days) and Giorgio Armani power fabric concealer it’s highly pigmented to cover the discoloration but not cakes or drying at all

Hi @gisselIe  - I completely understand what you are going through as I have really dark under eye circles. I use the following products and steps - 

Step 1 - Color Corrector

GIORGIO ARMANI BEAUTY - Master Corrector - 1 Pink

or Sisley phyto cernes eclat #2

Step #2 - Concealer

NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer Madeleine

Step #3 - Brightening

BECCA - Under Eye Brightening Corrector - Light to Medium

Thanks for being a #BECCABeauty. Xo

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies