From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations

Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes

Dark Circles Appearing Shiny After Concealing?

I have genetic sunken/hollow under eyes, eye bags, and extremely dark circles. I currently use Milk Makeup Flex Concealer, which I put only on the darkest spots under my eye bags. I've found that when I use the concealer on my entire under eye it makes my eyes look too bright and they appear puffier. I prefer wearing the concealer under only the eye bags as it looks more natural and I don't mind the slight darkness under my eyes. However, I recently noticed that under bright light the concealer appears very bright and is shiny, despite using matte setting powder. Does anyone know why I get the unnatural shininess or what I can do to correct it? Is there a better concealer to use? I've had this issue with every concealer I try. I also use CeraVe under eye cream, Banana Bright Eye Cream, and Milk Makeup Under Eye Cooling Gel, but no product has made much of a difference so far. 

Re: Dark Circles Appearing Shiny After Concealing?

@Anna141798 What powder are you using? It might be the powder causing flashback instead of the concealer. 

RE: Re: Dark Circles Appearing Shiny After Concealing?

That never even occurred to me. I’ve been using various powders but right now I’m just using an elf cosmetics brand setting powder. It’s not super high quality so that may very well be the issue. Thanks so much for your help!

RE: Dark Circles Appearing Shiny After Concealing?

I have genetic dark circles and sunken in eyes as well (I have Cherokee descendants). I personally love KKW Concealer Collection and the IT concealers

RE: Dark Circles Appearing Shiny After Concealing?

I’ll check it out. Thank you for the input!
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing