Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes

Cruelty free mascara

Can anyone recommend a good cruelty free mascara?

Re: Cruelty free mascara

My favorite mascara, Charlotte Tilbury Legendary Lashes Volume 2 Mascara Black Vinyl Vol 2 is completely cruelty free. Charlotte Tilbury doesn’t test on animals, agree to third party testing, or sell products in countries that require animal testing. Not every CT product is vegan, but this mascara’s on CT’s list of vegan products. 

I have short straight lashes. I hate lash curlers so I vary rarely use them. Without a lash curler, one coat of this mascara lifts my lashes and gives them good, natural-looking volume and length. Two coats really amps up the length and volume. I usually stop there. Three coats gets close to falsies territory 😄 but I don’t often go that far, mostly because I don’t want/need that look and it’s not easy to apply a 3rd coat without causing flaking.

At just 1 or 2 coats, LLV2 doesn’t smudge or flake on me. It doesn’t irritate my eyes, which I can’t say for many other mascaras. I should mention that I never coat my bottom lashes with mascara because my eyes are fairly sensitive: they water periodically throughout the day when irritated by other things, and sometimes I can’t resist rubbing my eyes when they’re itchy. Also, I’m just really messy at applying mascara to my bottom lashes, so I don’t bother. 😄 

Re: Cruelty free mascara

@JennaM99  

In order, here are my favs 

IT Cosmetics Superhero Elastic Stretch Volumizing and Lengthening Mascara Super Black

PRETTY VULGAR - The Feathers Mascara

Butter London Stroke of Wow (careful with the wand on this one. It’s different lengths on each side to help you add volume. I’ve poked my eye a few times). 

🐰 

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing