cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|
Anonymous Insider

Concealer or Color corrector??

Hello. I have a huge issue when applying concealer under my eyes. I have a little bit of a dark tone under my eyes. When I apply concealer then Airspun powder afterwards, my under eyes look cakey and you can see my pores. What products/s can I use to help it look vibrant and to hide the cakey under eye?

Re: Concealer or Color corrector??

My HG is urban decay color corrector in peach, no hint of settling into creases and I just turned 40. Highly recommend.

Hi @Anonymous ,

Are you still having an issue with this, or have you figured it out?  

❤️‘S, SuzieQ. 

Hey sunshine☺❤

Hey sunshine☺❤
Anonymous Insider

Still trying to figure it out...

Hi @Anonymous ,

What type of skin do you have, (dry, normal, combo, oily)?  What do you mean when you say it’s dark under your eyes - is the skin under your eyes pretty normal?  Or is it dry or oily?  Also is it any of those & just a little dark?  

Depending on what foundation you get, you might not even need a concealer, also, you could try a full coverage liquid makeup, and you really don’t need a lot of powder & you might not even need any, or the reverse, you could use a great powder and not need any fluid & there’s always cream to powder as well.  I have tried the Mac Studio Fix Full Coverage & it has amazing coverage, also, if you use concealer or liquid foundation, it shouldn’t ever require powder under your eye, I have never used powder under my eye, unless you’re using a powder foundation (that’s if that is the only thing going there).  Mostly the setting powder is just a little & just for where you’re applying makeup, if you have a great foundation or concealer/foundation under your eyes needs nothing else.  I don’t even use a powder after, just a nice bronzer, that I can use a little all over - that works for me - that’s how little powder you need, just a good example. 

Do you have access to a Mac Store, just that it might be your best bet, as they will check which colors you need, apply the products - show you how to do it, because Mac is usually so great “in store”.  For now, I think that’s your best bet, unless you have a great Sephora or, (Shoppers - with a beauty boutique), any of these, as long as they have great experienced people working there - obviously if you go and you don’t like how they have done their makeup, it’s a pretty good indicator not to choose them - I mean, if they have their makeup any way that is awful (Mascara spider legs lashes, or other things), if their makeup is done really nicely, even if it’s not exactly the way that you want yours, they probably have the experience to help you and teach you.  Please let me know how it goes or if you have any questions, we can always get more information from the Mods, or other highly qualified individuals on BIC.  Someone may know a great place to go in your area, let us & or the Mods know & we can try to help you!  Also I would love to know the above questions about your skin?

❤️‘S, SuzieQ. 

Anonymous Insider

Thank you! You've been a great help. I have oily skin. I have noticeable dark circles on my under eye area so I have been trying to find any product with full coverage to conceal mt dark circles. I will most definitely stop by a MAC store. Thanks! 💕

@LanaMarieDelRey If you want a color corrector, I recommend BENEFIT COSMETICS - Boi-ing Brightening Concealer. It has that peach tone that cancels out darkness. I do think Coty Airspun is far to drying to set undereyes...especially if you have fine lines. That powder is great for setting the face, but undereyes should be treated differently. I personally use Hourglass Ambient® Lighting Finishing Powder Dim Light. It has a luminescent glow that will bring your eyes forward and make them look youthful and bright. I apply it with a wet sponge. An AMAZING dupe is the Wet N Wild color icon bronzer in ticket to Brazil (if your tan) or reserve my cabana (if your light). I’m telling you, these are perfect dupes for Hourglass and cost penniesin comparison. I use that as well. I just use hourglass a lot because I’m crazy and always buy backups when there’s a sale. 

Anonymous Insider

Thank you so much!! I will purchase those this week and give them.a try! 

Hi @Anonymous,

I went to Mac and had them match me with a concealer and foundation and it’s amazing, I also like the Lancôme concealer and foundation, when it comes to this - there are so many colors, best to get help from an expert with this one, otherwise you’ll be buying countless products that don’t do the job. 

Best Luck,

SuzieQ

9 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 8 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing