Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brows, Brows, Brows
|

Brows: Just want to add some color

Background: 65, M, cancers (1 gone, 1 active over for 14 yrs), severely hooded eyes, very oily skin, hyper sensitive eyes, very pale/washed out color from age/medical conditions. Can you say "Casper"? I get great cleaning from boscia black, next astringent, very light moisturizing application staying away from brows and eye area. I only use a brow product, the brow gel type, just to add color to the eyebrow hairs. No matter what/how it always creeps, then eyes are in pain mode. I've tried brow setting gel, setting spray to attempt to keep in place. Nope. My brows grow so fast I'd have to dye them weekly... Looking for suggestions, personal experiences that worked for you for me to try please? Thank you in advance for any input.

RE: Brows: Just want to add some color

Love benefits precision pencil! But if you just want color and not so worries about the shape you should definitely get Benefits goof proof pencil or KVD brow shade! I love all three of these products! Hope that helps (: @DaveLarge

And try GRANDES Brow enhancing serum!!!

Maybe try KVD Brie powder. It’s on sale for $8 rn too!

Re: Brows: Just want to add some color

@DaveLarge - I use Anastasia Beverly Hills Ombre Effect Long Wearing Brow Powder Duo Taupe  on top of the Dip Brow.  I have no eyebrows due to trichotillomania.

Thank you! I hadn't considered this product before, will...

Thank you! I hadn't considered this product before, will have to give it a try. To set, is there a product or technique you'd suggest? My goto would be URBAN DECAY DE SLICK OIL CONTROL SETTING SPRAY.

@Titian06 

I have mild trichotillomania!  How do you deal with it?

I'm sorry to hear that, @RAWRitsRED !  Keeping my stress under control, which is incredibly hard, and keeping my hands/brain busy such as with crochet and reading e-books.  PM me if you want to talk further.  💖💖💖

Thanks for the help! I wanted to list all the products I'...

Thanks for the help! I wanted to list all the products I've tried to help shortcut all the helpful inputs... This also is one that creeps (I hope the proper term) and is an irritant for me. When I feel the mild burning. I gently rub the lid just above the lash line with a tissue and there's noticable color. I'm attempting to not be obvious, noticable, so I'm applying minimal product. Maybe a light coating clear lacquer 😆

Hi @DaveLarge!

I have super sparse brows so I like to use Anastasia Beverly Hills DIPBROW® Waterproof, Smudge Proof Brow Pomade Ebony (not this color) with Anastasia Beverly Hills Dual-Ended Firm Angled Eyebrow Brush #12.  I also top it off with Benefit Cosmetics Gimme Brow+ Volumizing Eyebrow Gel Jumbo 5.

If you're able to, you can visit your local Sephora about the best products to use.

They're probably not doing this during the pandemic, but Sephora sometimes has a free in-store makeup class specifically for cancer patients/ survivors.

Thanks for your help! I do love all the super folks at my...

Thanks for your help! I do love all the super folks at my local store! Always treated so wonderfully. Amoung others, I've actually tried these products, several techniques. The services in store I'm a huge advocate for them (before Covid) I virtually always recommend them for everyone who has a issue that could benefit from a one on one consult. The classes, I've resisted taking the cancer one. I'd hate to take a seat from a person who needs it for my "minor" issues. And now they're gone for who knows how long... With the turnover from the shutdown, the "instructors" aren't available to consult here. Thanks again for your help.

Re: Thanks for your help! I do love all the super folks at my...

@DaveLarge 

Anastasia Beverly Hills is hosting a free virtual eyebrow consultation over Zoom.  It's a 15 minutes 1 on 1 class and they will email you a list of their products they recommend at the end.  Not sure it they're still giving out the $10 off coupon tho.  I took a class in June and was pretty helpful!

I can't post the link since Sephora will delete it so you'll have to type it in yourself.  Also, make sure it's in your time zone!

Screen Shot 2020-08-01 at 1.09.56 PM.png

12 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 10 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
Photos1
  • Screen Shot 2020-08-01 at 1.09.56 PM.png
testing