Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Everything Eyes

Brow Wiz-they changed the name, did they change the formula?

I love my Brow Wiz & don't want to be without it so I bought a back up. I used it today for the first time & it's nothing like my last one.  I have to press hard to get any color, it doesn't glide on at all. My brows looked terrible today.  I bought it so long ago, I wouldn't even think of returning it, they will never believe I just used it for the first time today. Anyone else have this problem or did I just get a dud??

Any other recs for a thin twist up brow pencil? I'm kind of soured with Anastasia now.

ETA: I meant to say, they changed the color name in my title.  Medium Ash is now Medium Brown.

Re: Brow Wiz-they changed the name, did they change the formula?

I don't know, I kind of like it. I don't know if the formula changed since I only just started playing around with brow pencils, but I like that I don't get a ton of colour with my first few strokes. Otherwise, guuurl, my eyebrows would be a mess.

How long ago did they change the formula? I'm wondering if I have an older or newer formula.

I don't know if they did change the formula, that's what I'm wondering. My old pencil was like butter, the new one is  as hard as a rock and actually pulled out a few of my already sparse brows. It's un-usable, don't know what I will do tomorrow.

I have one that I bought about 2 months back. I love it! I've never had one before then though so I can't compare it to an older version. 

I know Casey Holmes says the same thing about it pulling out her brow hairs. She doesn't seem to be as big of a fan of it as everyone else out there. 

When I went to SiJCP a couple of weeks ago, I tested one on the back of my hand and it was hard as a rock.  I thought Brow Whiz had been a soft pencil, especially since everyone raves about it.  Apparently it wasn't just me!  There IS something different.

I thought brow pencils are supposed to be hard so you can get a really natural brow. If it was super creamy, it would look really obvious that you drew them on. Maybe I'm wrong? 

Highlighted

I just bought one and it's pretty hard. I wish it were softer because the color is perfect. I don't want it too soft though.

Ever since I bought my two recent ones they have been breaking at every touch... But I've been using the brow wiz since last year around august and I buy a new one every 5-6 weeks... (I use it everyday) When I bought mine in Feb of this year I feel it's not holding up as strong anymore... Or maybe I just got two bad ones.

I just bought a new one recently when I finished the last and haven't noticed a change. It is harder than other pencils but I don't notice any tugging. I use featherlight strokes so maybe you're pushing to hard if it's tugging at your skin. I think the harder consistency is part of what helps the product not to budge. I feel like a soft pencil would just move around after applying.

Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 11 Contributors