Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

Black eye shadow

Any tips on using black eye shadow? Will hopefully be doing a look with it for Halloween. Seems so intimidating and I’m scared to mess up! I feel like one wrong move with it and your look has to be restarted!

Re: Black eye shadow

@nicmac65 @I would slowly work the color in. Pick up a little product and gradually work up the color. The key is not the pack so much on and also blend as you go. Also if you mess up you can use makeup wipes or a q tip with makeup remover to fix it. 

Re: Black eye shadow

With black eyeshadow it helps to lay down a lighter shade first (maybe a tan, taupe ot terracotta)and blend that out slightly beyond where you’d like the black to end so there isn’t such a stark contrast between the black and your skin.  
always test the amount of eyeshadow on the back of your hand before going directly to your eye so you have an idea of how much you’ve picked up.  It’s better to add less than you need and keep  blending it out adding bit by bit  until you have the amount you need, than it is to throw it all on at once.  
A makeup wipe folded around a Q-tip or end of a makeup brush is your friend when (not if) you want to redo a section.  You have to be patient and wait til your skin dries to start again.  When you’re fixing an area, take note of how blended the shade is in the area you’re fixing and blend the shade you need on your arm with your brush first.  Then take the brush without adding more product and take the blending to your eye.  😉

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing