Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

Best way to do eyeshadow for beginner?

I never do eyeshadow because I really don't know how to do it. What's the best way to start?

Best way to do eyeshadow for beginner?

i like watching YouTube tutorials. although i still suck haha

Re: Best way to do eyeshadow for beginner?

@KelsKaspar

If you want a visual aid, here's a diagram that illustrates the general placement for a very basic eye look.

RE: Best way to do eyeshadow for beginner?

start with an eyeshadow close to your natural eye color on the lid aka the closest part to the eyelashes. Then take a deeper color like a brown and define your crease which is the part if your eye where it folds in. Then you can use a shimmer close to the eyelashes for a more dramatic look. Don't be scared to try new things because the more you play around with makeup, the easier it will get for you. I think the Too Faced Natural Mattes is a great pallet for beginners, but any pallet with a variety of mattes will be good. for brushes and the actual pallet itself, watch youtube tutorials that you like the look of so you can see what products work ahead of you buying them. I hope this helps! Good luck!!
Anonymous Insider

Try to start with one color from the brighter to the darkest.. It's an easy way

Try a smokey eye.  Its just slowly building a shadow over you crease. start with a light shade (try neutral first) then gradually make it darker closer to the crease.  It is an easy way to start!:) 

Thank you! I really appreciate it!! I will try the smokey eye!

Yes eyeshadow is hard sometimes! I would recommend checking out some YouTube videos so you can see a visual of what to do. It makes it so much easier. There is a great video by Jamie Paige called "How to apply eyeshadow like a pro" that really helped me. She goes into a lot of helpful detail. The other thing I recommend is to get some great brushes. They don't have to be expensive, even e.l.f. has some great ones, but the shape and type of brush really makes a difference depending on what part of your eye you put it on. And the other thing is just to practice, practice, practice. Even put on eyeshadow at night before you wash your face, just to try it out until you are comfortable with what you're doing. You'll definitely get better over time. Good luck! You'll be great! 🙂

Thanks ! I will for sure try all of that!
8 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 22 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing