Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

Best small/travel eye palette?

I’m looking for a good small sized eye palette to keep in my travel bag. I keep travel/trial sizes of my makeup in my travel bag and all my eye palettes are just too big. I’m reddish/blonde, fair skinned, blue eyes. I’d love one I could grab at a JCP Sephora or Ulta. Contour is another one I’m looking for, so small full face palettes would be good as well. Any suggestions? Thanks!!

Re: Best small/travel eye palette?

@ACarolinaBelle i love my HUDA BEAUTY - Obsessions Eyeshadow Palette for travel! I feel like you can get a ton of looks out of it, especially because there are nine pans. Its also super compact and comes with a mirror which is nice. There are also a lot of color variations which is nice! I sometimes use eyeshadow as highlight in a pinch. The shimmers are very creamy and reflective though, so they definitely need to be buffed out to be worn as a highlight. It depends on the looks you're going for, but i also travel with my NARS - Ignited Eyeshadow Palette.It gives me enough variety of looks, and its shimmer-heavy, which is usually the types of shadows i go for. The KVD Beauty Kitten Mini Shade + Light Contour Duo Mediumis well-priced and travel friendly for the face. 

Anonymous Insider

RE: Best small/travel eye palette?

I use the Tarte tease eyeshadow palette it’s perfect for traveling and I love the colors.

@ACarolinaBelle  echoing some other posters Kevyn Aucoin makes a fab contour product and he has a mini! KEVYN AUCOIN - The Contour Duo On The Go . 

My fave mini eye palettes are tarte Tartelette™ Tease 6 x 0.03 oz/ 0.85 gand Viseart Petit PRO 2 Eyeshadow Palette 0.28 oz/ 8 g

In addition to some of the great suggestions others have made: if you have single pans of eyeshadows, blushes, contour, etc., consider buying one or two of the MAKE UP FOR EVER - Artist Color Refillable Makeup Palette - XL size (holds 6 MUFE single shadows).  They’re small and made of metal so they’re quite sturdy, and they have a clasp closure and a mirror. They’re a great deal at just $2 USD each! I have several of them and love to travel with them. I’ve given many to folks as gifts. 

I usually fill them with a few of my MAKE UP FOR EVER - Artist Color Eye Shadows. I love MUFE’s metallics and shimmers. I’ve yet to break a shadow inside one of those little magnetic metal palettes during travel. If you buy MUFE singles (eye shadows or face powders) with a refillable palette, you’ll get a discount. 🙂 

@ACarolinaBelle I like to travel with my Z palette and pop in shades I normally wear for eyeshadow, blush and contour. I also think KEVYN AUCOIN - The Contour Book Volume 3 , Natasha Denona minis and Pat McGrath Eye Ecstasy palette are great for travel

If you want some ideas for some good All in Ones then The Kevyn Aucoin Contour Book Volume 2 has both Contour/Highlight AND Eyeshadows it in at the bottom. The KA Volume 3 Book has Contour/Highlight/ and Blush which is nice because you have your whole face AND you can use the contour shades in your crease and highlight on your lid, making an easy eye look! (It’s also slimmer than the Vol. 2) ND makes great eyeshadow minis and also the Marc Jacobs mini black palettes (glambition, scandaleyes, etc.) and perfect for travel!!!

@ACarolinaBelle Sephora has some of their own palettes in lovely colors, I've been planning to pick up the SEPHORA COLLECTION - Vivid Earth Eye Paletteonce it comes back in stock, but my take-everywhere palette is the NATASHA DENONA - Mini Star Eyeshadow Palettethough the nude might work well for you too. I also really like the tiny tarte palettes mentioned below. I think Sephora also has a contour palette, but otherwise Cover Fx just launched a blush/contour palette and natasha denona and Nars have great blush/bronzer/highlighter minis in powder form, Kosas has blush/highlighter duos in cream forms if that's more your thing

@ACarolinaBelle the PAT MCGRATH LABS - Eye Ecstasy™ Eyeshadow & Mascara Kit

Is a great traveling kit

@ACarolinaBelle The mini Natasha Denona palettes are fantastic😊

@ACarolinaBelle I just got back from a month-ish long vacation through Europe and took a few different things with me, but can say for sure which ones I reached for the most.

I took the little palette from the Pat McGrath Labs Eye Ecstasy kit. It served me for most looks and was able to act as brow and liner when I wanted. That said I also was able to use my Tarte Hamptons Weekender for contour, highlight, and a simple eye look as well. I travel super light typically, so I am always happy to do simple looks, so that might not be the path if you like more elaborate makeup when traveling.

I also have loved using the Viseart Petite Pro palettes for their little size, great formula, and easy-to-create looks. I have the second one and it would look beautiful with blue eyes. 

Or one of the Natasha Denona 5-pan palettes which are compact, nice formulas and some of them could easily do double-duty for contour, with the right choice. The minis of these are great as well!

I’m really fond of my Tarte Don’t quit your daydream palette. It’s a couple years old and just as beautiful as the day I bought it.

Give Huda Beauty Jewels a try! 🌞

@ACarolinaBelle I absolutely love my TOO FACED - Tickled Peach Mini Eyeshadow Palette!It's technically only an eyeshadow palette BUT go and watch Emily Noel's YouTube video on it where she points out that it can actually serve as an entire face and eye palette; it's a fun video.  Sephora also just came out with a few mini palettes as well (the SEPHORA COLLECTION - Eye Love Eyeshadow Palettes)

and you might also check out the tarte Tartelette™ Tease 6 x 0.03 oz/ 0.85 gor the TARTE - Tartelette™ Flirt Eyeshadow Palette

since they're both very compact.  Violet Voss also makes some minis--Violet Voss Fun Sized Mini Eyeshadow Palette Berry Burst

SMASHBOX - Cover Shot: Eye Palettes

Smashbox Cover Shot palettes are pretty compact, plus there's about 7 different flavors so you can pick depending on what type of trip you're going on!

Conversation Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 44 Hearts Given
  • 15 Contributors
Photos5
testing