Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

Best mascara and eyeliner

I have tried many eyeliners and have yet to find the holy grail, I have high standards for eyeliners. I am also looking for an amazing mascara. Share your favorites!
Anonymous Insider

RE: Best mascara and eyeliner

I have the kat von d tattoo liner at it’s my holy grail

I'm still looking for an amazing eye liner but Tarte ligh...

I'm still looking for an amazing eye liner but Tarte light, camera, lashes is amazing mascara. If you can't find one I suggest signing up for Ipsy and getting sample sizes. eventually you'll get on that works for you.
Anonymous Insider

Roller lash mascara by benefit is the best mascara I have ever used. It comes in black and brown, and gives u such length and volume. Does not clump!! Highly recommended.

Re: Best mascara and eyeliner

I really love Better Than Sex mascara by Too Faced, the formula is light, applies smoothly to the lashes without clumping, and gives me long, Full lashes that last all day. I usually only tightline and love the KVD tattoo liner, but for the waterline I’m really liking Basket Case. It’s fun to play with and snudge out!

This is my current daily lash routine that I absolutely love: 1. Kevyn Aucoin eyelash curler for 10 seconds 2. Estee Lauder Lash Primer Plus (apply mascara(s) before this dries) 3. Chanel Volume De Chanel mascara (waterproof) 4. Benefit Roller Lash for length & separating (waterproof) per Jeffree Star’s recommendation 5. After mascara dries: Kevyn Aucoin eyelash curler for 10 seconds 6. Every night before bed: iFarsali eye lash serum to lengthen & condition lashes & reduce fallout (I’ve used this for years). Use must be consistent in order to see continued benefit. I hope this helps.
Anonymous Insider

I agree about the Marc Jacobs mascara. Gives a spider lash look if you’re into that. For something more defined and separated, I like Roller Lash by Benefit. Another one I am just trying out lately is by Wander Beauty called Unlashed. I really like it so far because it builds and curls well without drying and flaking throughout the day or leaving black marks under your eyes from lower lashes. That is the worst.

Stila stay all day liquid liner is amazing. And urban decay troublemaker mascara!!

@Jacquelineh17 I'm currently loving Essence Lash Princess False Lash Effect - totally worth more than $5 Ulta charges!

I have many loves for eyeliner, depending on the look I want.  Sephora Contour, HG 1.5mm, Revlon ColorStay, MUFE Aqua Eyes...and a few that have been discontinued!

My Holy Grain eyeliner is hands down, Kat Von D's Tattoo Liner. It stays put and it is the best inky black eyeliner. It doesn't go grey or flake off. It has a matte black finish, so if you want something more glossy, I wouldn't go with this one. 

The best mascara? Hmmm....

I must say it is a close call between Tarte's Lights, Cameras, Flashes: Statement Mascara and Lancome's Hypnose Drama Mascara. 

RE: Re: Best mascara and eyeliner

I despise glossy eyeliner for myself. Matte eyeliners are what I prefer. I have tried the Kat von d tattoo liner and I loved it at first but it just ran out rather quick for me.
Anonymous Insider

I really like Tarte’s Lights, Camera, Mascara. Michelle Phan has a good video explaining why some mascaras are good for some but not others. As for liner, I use Urban Decay’s pencil liner, Pretty Vulgar for gel liner, and Sephora’s pen liner- depending on the look I’m going for. I often later liner types too for durability.

Right now, I'm loving the Marc Jacobs mascara. I subscrib...

Right now, I'm loving the Marc Jacobs mascara. I subscribe to the Sephora PLAY box and I got a deluxe size and that mascara is soooooooooooooo bomb💣. I love the formula and the way it makes my eyelashes POP just gives me LYFE!!!! As far as eyeliner, my personal fave is by NYX eyeliner Kohl Kajal black eyeliner, this stuff is velvet!!!

Re: Right now, I'm loving the Marc Jacobs mascara. I subscrib...

I've had nothing but trouble with the Marc Jacobs.  I wanted to love it because I like their eyeliner, but the mascara migrates- I end up with smudgy flakes under my eyes within two hours every time I try to wear it.

RE: Right now, I'm loving the Marc Jacobs mascara. I subscrib...

I’m in Canada and we don’t have Sephora play box😔😔 I really wish we did. I will try the mascara! As for the eyeliner, I use it more for cat eye looks and find liquid or gel easier to work with.

I think the Proline Wet n' Wild felt tip liner is great....

I think the Proline Wet n' Wild felt tip liner is great. It's also water proof.

Favorite mascara is Chanel Le Volume. Worth every penny.

I love the Kat von de tattoo liquid liner. It is very thin and pointed hair brush. The eyeliner does not smudge and drys almost completely matte. For mascara I only use the benefit roller lashes. It separates, curls, and lifts your lashes. Love it!

Heard good things about benefit mascaras! I will definitely try it out!

I️ am subscribed to ipsy and I️ got a free ciate London eyeliner . It’s like a marker and it drys very fast so u don’t have to worry about smudging it . I’ve tried a lot of mascaras but I️ love the définicils waterproof mascara by Lancôme the brush works fine to lengthen and volumize your lashes

Conversation Stats
  • 19 replies
  • 23 Hearts Given
  • 17 Contributors
Photos2
testing