Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

Best full coverage concealer?

Help! I have heavy wrinkles under my eyes. I use tape shape but its thick and heavy on my skin.

Re: Best full coverage concealer?

Hi @ginamariee,

If you have wrinkles under your eyes, look into using a firming eye cream underneath your concealer so it has a nice base to stick on. I really love the FRESH - Black Tea Firming and De-Puffing Eye Cream.

If you have a couple of extra minutes, use an under eye mask beforehand so your eyes are prepped for concealer. I love the Wander Beauty Baggage Claim Eye Masks 6 x Eye Masks.

Let it set for a minute. Then follow up with a moisturizing concealer, I really love the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer Biscuit and the BAREMINERALS - BARESKIN® Complete Coverage Serum Concealer

I hope this helps. Happy holidays!

Stay Gorgeous,

Penelope

<333

Hi @ginamariee,

I love the NARS Soft Matte Complete Concealer Biscuitand the BAREMINERALS - BAREPRO® 16-Hr Full Coverage Concealer. Both are great and full coverage. 

Best Wishes,

Janean

Add me to the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer Biscuit chorus. 🙂 I also have some prominent lines under my eyes, and that skin is the driest on my overall dry face. Nars Radiant Creamy works best for me: it’s not a very thick cream concealer, though Nars does make those, too... one’s in a pot, the other’s in a stick. Radiant Creamy’s in a tube with a doe foot applicator. I don’t need to use a ton of it to mask under-eye darkness, it’s easy to blend out, and I have 2 perfect color match shades. (Most other brands’ concealers don’t have a shade that works for me.) 

I also have BAREMINERALS - BARESKIN® Complete Coverage Serum Concealer

but don’t use it often. It has a more liquidy consistency than the Nars concealer, and I find it harder to get good coverage without using a lot of product. Also, the shade is slightly off for me. I mean it works, but it takes more effort. 

And yeah, I hear you on Tarte Shape Tape. That stuff’s awful on me: applies like plaster, dries out my skin, and falls deep into my lines. No concealer is truly “creaseless” but Shape Tape really chisels my lines. So does Charlotte Tilbury Magic Away concealer, which is a bummer because it’s supposed to be really good for folks with under-eye lines and “mature” skin. I’m sure it works for some folks, but not for me. 😞 

What setting powder do you use? I’m a big fan of CHARLOTTE TILBURY - Airbrush Flawless Finish Setting Powderand Hourglass Veil™ Translucent Setting Powder - Talc Free Translucent, but my favorite is definitely By Terry Hyaluronic Hydra-Powder. For me, using only the smallest bit of concealer necessary and the tiniest amount of setting powder is key, along with moisturizing/hydrating the hell out of my under-eye area with serum and eye cream. 

Hi @ginamariee,

I recommend checking out NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer Biscuit.  Its light and creamy with medium to full coverage.  I also recommend using a eye cream before applying the concealer.  I suggest checking out Drunk Elephant C-Tango™ Vitamin C Eye Cream 0.5 oz/ 15 mL, as this cream will help with firming around they eye area.

I hope this helps!

Best,

Steph

RE: Best full coverage concealer?

Tarte shape tape. It’s a full coverage concealer. Afterwards, set it with a “setting translucent powder.” Boom!

RE: Best full coverage concealer?

I also have wrinkles and every cream concealer I’ve ever used creases on me. I use Bare Minerals concealer, and have never had a problem:)

@ginamariee I just picked up the Too Faced Born This Way Super Coverage Multi-Use Concealer Natural Beige,and it's the nicest full-coverage concealer I've tried. I don't wear it every day - NARS Radiant Creamy is my go-to - but when I really need to camouflage, the TF does the job without highlighting my fine lines. I couldn't wear Shape Tape because it's too drying, so this one might work nicely for you. 

@ginamariee I find shape tape to be very drying and it has a tendency to emphasize any imperfections such as lines and creasing. May I suggest checking out  Laura Mercier Flawless Fusion Ultra Longwear Concealer 2NNARS Radiant Creamy Concealer BiscuitToo Faced Born This Way Super Coverage Multi-Use Concealer Natural Beige

Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 14 Hearts Given
  • 9 Contributors
testing