Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
Anonymous Insider

Best everyday eye shadow palette

Looking for a palette I can create everyday looks with, without reaching for something else (aka digging around in my drawer looking for one single shadow...), and possibly create glam looks with. Budget is $50.

Anonymous Insider

Re: Best everyday eye shadow palette

I would highly suggest the ABH Modern Renaissance palette. There are so many looks you can get out of it. You can do a cool toned look or a warm toned look and it comes with really fun pink colors too. Also both shimmer colors in the palette look stunning and are perfect for everyday eye looks.

I've seen a lot of Too Faced palettes recommended on here, but I'd like to add the Chocolate Bon Bons palette. I think it fits the bill for what you're looking for. A lot of nice, chill everyday shades (I love the transition shades in here), some darker ones for more dramatic looks, gorgeous shimmers, and a couple really surprising exciting pops of color. 

RE: Best everyday eye shadow palette

I recommend looking at some of the natural tarte eyeshadow palettes

Great question. My favorite is the Lorac Mega PRO 3 palette. It has a wonderful selection of matte and shimmery shades for endless possibilities.

@Anonymous It depends on what your skin tone is and what you prefer for an everyday look. If you want something completely natural I would say the Too Faced Chocolate bar or if you want something peachy for the spring I really like the Too Faced Just Peachy palette. 

Tarte's Tartest Pro palette is a good for doing a lot of diverse looks from every day to more glam (has 16 matte shades and 4 glittery shades to amp up any look).  I think it is over $50, but between 50-55.  Great palette!

RE: Re: Best everyday eye shadow palette

One of my favorites !!!!!

@Anonymous Anything Urban Decay would be a good bet. Naked 2 is probably my favorite Naked palette. A few people have also mentioned Sweet Peach and I’d probably take that one over any of the Naked palettes. 

my go-to palette is the Tarte tarteist pro palette. it has perfect transition shades and a shade to set yr primer and metallic shades for a glam look and darker shades. it’s $53

The semi sweet chocolate bar palette is my go to for everyday and special occasions. It my everything palette because of variety of looks it can create. It can go from natural woke up like this looks to  a dramatic night look in a few minutes!

I would say Too Faced Natural Love,except its over budget. I was gifted a Morphe pallette and I like it, it has a variety of browns and golds, matte and shimmers and I reach for it often, I know it should be on a good price range. Colourpop also has some good affordable palkettes.

It depends on whether you want warm, cool or neutral. I d...

It depends on whether you want warm, cool or neutral. I don't do warm shadows but a palette I love that has a mix of warm and cool is the Laura Mercier Artist Eye, a little over at $55. I love love Viseart shadows and feel they are the best ever...my favorite is the Amethyst Theory at $45 but I know a lot of people like ABH Modern Ren or the Naked palettes. I've heard the Too Faced Bon Bon palette is more cool toned but the majority of the rest of my palettes are either limited editions or not at Sephora. Good luck!

Re: It depends on whether you want warm, cool or neutral. I d...

Agreed... The Viseart Theory in Amethyst is another good pick if you like purples. If I didn't have the Huda I'd consider using this one every day

Hey! Hope you are enjoying the suggestions so far!

I would say reaching for a Too Faced chocolate bar palette or Urban Decay Naked palette would suit you A-Okay! With your budget in mind, a neutral or cool toned Smashbox palette fits right into your price range beautifully. They have the cover shot series, which is nice and versatile. Good luck!

The chocolate bar or the peach palettes are great depending on your eye color! They have bigger pans of your base shade, mattes, and shimmers so you can create virtually any look!!

Here's my shortlist, after putting a lot of work into the same question (all under $50):

Mostly muted neutrals:

• ABH - Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette
  • Tarte - Tartelette Clay Eyeshadow Palettes (Matte, Toasted, or In Bloom)
  • Too Faced - Sweet Peach Eyeshadow Palette

Higher contrast/clear shades:

• Ciaté - Chloe Morello Pretty, Fun & Fearless Eyeshadow Palette
  • Huda - Obsessions Eyeshadow Palette (in Mauve or Smoky)
  • Stila - Eyes Are the Window Shadow Palette (in Mind)
  • Too Faced - Chocolate Gold Eyeshadow Palette
  • Too Faced - White Peach Eye Shadow Palette (this is brand new)

I use the Huda one as my everyday palette now; a lot of the more popular favorites didn't quite work with my coloring.

(These are all cruelty-free, too)

Too Faced Sweet Peach would be a good one.

Look at some of the tarte palettes
Conversation Stats
testing