Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

Best Purple Matte shadow

Hey everyone, the last true purple shadow i had was from sugarpill. My grandma, loved it and then found out it was discontinued. Can anyone recommend a purple matte shadow (can have a red undertone.) Thanks!

Re: Best Purple Matte shadow

@ashglitched  Do you remember the name of the Sugarpill purple shadow? Was it 2AM, or a different shade? That's the first one that springs to mind because it's one of my favorite warm purple shades, and I'm still not happy about Sugarpill discontinuing it. EDIT: oh wait, Sugarpill also discontinued Poison Plum, didn't they? Is that the shadow you're talking about? 

If you don't remember the shade name, was it a warm toned purple or more of a cool toned purple? Light or dark? Just wanna make sure I can narrow the field to a few close matches before I start swatching suggestions for you. 🙂 

Oooooo sorry, yeah it was poison plum. 

@ashglitched  Hmm, I don't have Poison Plum anymore so I can't do swatch comparisons. But here are a few suggestions that are available as single shadows. 

Pat McGrath Labs EYEdols, shade Purple Reign - a metallic shade. I know you want a matte, and PMG's site lists it as a matte for some reason. I don't have the single of this shade. I do have it in a palette, and it's one of my favorite shadows ever. If you can find it, consider trying it. 

Viseart single shadows, shade Editorial Brights 11 Grape - a matte shade available direct from Viseart as a single. I have this shade in the original Editorial Brights palette; it's a very warm purple, much warmer than PMG's Purple Reign. In fact, it's closer to Sugarpill's 2AM, but darker. 

Sydney Grace singles (I don't own these, but they look promising): 

• Pandora - a warm jammy purple. Per SG, this shimmer shadow "will buff to an almost matte finish." 
  • Flannel - a pressed pigment that looks similar to PMG Purple Reign. 
  • As If - another shimmer SG says will buff to near-matte. It's brighter/lighter than the other shadows I've listed. 

I wanted to suggest a Natasha Denona Mono Eyeshadow singles but, of all the shades available at Beautylish, I know the matte purple can be tricky to work with. (I have that one in a palette.) But you might wanna check out the other few purples they've got available. 

@ashglitched I don't have a single shadow recommendation but as a purple lover, my favorite palette that contains several shades of purple is Urban Decay Naked Ultraviolet Eyeshadow Palette 

@ashglitched @make up for ever m-924, Anastasia deep plum, Makeup Geek Curfew, Current obsessions, Eternally Grapeful, MAC Power to the Purple 

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing