Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

Best Pot Gel Eyeliner

Hi everyone! First post here :). I have heard many different things about pot gel liners and I like them but I hear they dry out fast! I have heard that the MAC Fluildline and the Bobbi Brown Gel liner are the best but are there any others? Do you like the MAC or BB Better? Why? Ideas for keeping the pot from drying out? Thanks!

Tags:

Re: Best Pot Gel Eyeliner

@Zeldagirl1741 The best I have tried is Inglot gel liner. If it dries out you can use Duraline to revive it. 

@Zeldagirl1741 I agree with all the other suggestions of the Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Smudge-Proof Gel Eyeliner Black Ink! It was the first gel pot liner I’ve ever used (i was intimidated at first!), but it’s incredibly user friendly and didn’t take too long to learn. I use it with the Tarte Etch-a-Sketch brush or sometimes a flat Morphe M432 depending on the look I’m going for

Best Pot Gel Eyeliner

Shesido

Hi @Zeldagirl1741 ! My favorite gel pot liners are the Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner and the Inglot AMC Gel Liner. The Inglot liner comes in many more colors, including metallic shades. Both brands’ liners perform great. 

Inglot pots have foil between product and lid. I keep the foil attached to the pot and pull it back only 1/3 - 1/2 of the way, so I can use it to reseal the pot. You can put a layer of plastic wrap between any pot and its lid to act as a seal. But even then, gel pots do dry out over time. I use Inglot Duraline to revive any brand’s dried gel liner. Some folks use eye drops instead, but I find that doesn’t work as well as Duraline. 

I would have never guessed the foil trick! I will have to try that! 

Hi @Zeldagirl1741,

I love the Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Smudge-Proof Gel Eyeliner Black Ink. I have found it is so easy to use and does not flake at all. I hope this helps!

Best,

Rebecca

What brush do you use with it?

@Zeldagirl1741 

I mostly use an angled eyeliner or brow brush with gel pot liners. Normally I use an old MAC 266 or 208, but a SEPHORA COLLECTION - PRO Angled Liner Brush #22  would also work. 

Some folks prefer a very precise brush, like the Bobbi Brown Ultra Fine Eye Liner Brush. I use that brush sometimes. 

8 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 15 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing