Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

BEST EYE CREAM VS SERUMS FOR MATURE SKIN

I'd really appreciate recommendations for the best eye products for mature skin please. I'm 50 years old and have always taken care of my skin but my eyes have all of the sudden started to look super tired all  the time. I dont really have many wrinkles but they're DEF starting to come out heavily and my lids look hooded like and puffy to the point that my eyebrows are starting to point downward. I also wanted to ask what the difference is between an eye cream and an eye serum?? Since given the tremendous amount of eye products it can get very confusing.

*PRODUCST that I've been eyeing for quite sometime now are

1) Dennis Gross Ferulic+Retinol Serum,

2)Shani Darden Intensive Eye Renewal Cream with Firming Peptides

3)ShiseidoBenefiance Wrinkle Smoothing Eye Cream

4) Glow Recipe Avocado Fine Line Eye Cream with Retinol

5) Kate Somerville +Retinol Firming Eye Cream

not in this order and I was wondering if any of these worked for anyone else and their thoughts are on any of these.

I just want something that actually works!!! I also read that The Ordinary (which I just love)  is coming out with a new Multi-peptide eye serum but again I want something that actually works & I haven't tried it yet. Im also not so sure that I want to buy an eye cream/serum from The ordinary because as much as I love the brand I'd like to give something a lil'more high end if you will a shot because given my age group I feel that is time to by something that is really good quality.

Any thoughts on these particular products or ANY other would be SO appreciated!

Thanking in advance! 🙂

Warm regards,

Mary

Re: BEST EYE CREAM VS SERUMS FOR MATURE SKIN

@MaryLOVESkin I wouldn't worry too much about the difference between eye creams and eye serums - which are relatively new and I feel just another unecessary step for skincare companies to cash in with (tomorrow there will be an 'Eye......fill in the blank!). I haven't used any of the ones on your list but any of those containing Retinol should do the trick! Even amongst those if you can't narrow it down, I'd say to check independent reviews for them and see which scores highest. MD Perricone Cold Plasma Eye cream is my current fave but my needs and skin type are completely different to yours and I doubt it would suffice in your case. Retinol definitely the way to go! best of luck.  

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing