Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

Ask me anything!!

Hi. I'm Hannah. On here you can call me @hannahloves17. I'm kinda the eyeshadow and mascara authority in my area. Ask me about eyeshadow and mascara!!! I'm open.

Re: Ask me anything!!

Hi I wanted to ask how do you get a perfect eyeshadow blend that doesn't look weird or bad and I was hoping to know how I can be able to know what colors wouldn't mix.

hannahloves17 wrote:
Hi. I'm Hannah. On here you can call me @hannahloves17. I'm kinda the eyeshadow and mascara authority in my area. Ask me about eyeshadow and mascara!!! I'm open.

Hi Hannah! I was wondering how you get a perfect cut crease. I've tried several times, but it just ends up bad so I blend it out. Help!!

erinsweeney wrote:

Hi Hannah! I was wondering how you get a perfect cut crease. I've tried several times, but it just ends up bad so I blend it out. Help!!

@erinsweeney Practice, practice, practice! There are a number of different techniques out there, and the one that works best for you personally will depend on your eye shape and the fold and space of your lid. There's no one-size-fits-all trick and there's definitely a learning curve to mastering it, but just keep following tutorials and experimenting and you'll nail it eventually!

Hi, whenever I try to apply a few different colours to my eye it always just looks like a big mess. I can never make different colours stand out, they all just look like one colour. Any tips to help me out?

@makeupfeind333.    So hope I can explain myself well. Always been better at showing rather than explaining lol. There are many ways of doing things but I usually like to find a base color so something light/neutral. I apply that all over the lid. Next if I do something like a triple color smoky eye or something I will take another light color and pack it on the lid concentrating on the inner corner of my eye and slowly blend out towards the outer corner. Next I will take a color that's a bit darker and pack it on in the middle and blend towards the outer corner. I do blend it a bit towards the light color but you don't want to over do it. Last color would be darkest and would pack it on and then blend out at the outer corner and up into the crease. After that I come back and use whatever color (in the ones I've used) to blend them into each other so itโ€™s nice and seamless. I usually come back with my base color to blend out the top of the crease so itโ€™s not a hard edge. Thatโ€™s why I choose a pale base color. So basically you want to pack the color on and blend. Make sure you wipe down your brush between each color so it doesnโ€™t get muddy and use a different brush to blend it more at the end. Hope this make sense.

@TopazBeth  yesssss!!! Pack, blend repeat to get the layers :). I should have said add because pack might not have been the best word ๐Ÿ˜„

veronika23 wrote:

@makeupfeind333.    So hope I can explain myself well. Always been better at showing rather than explaining lol. There are many ways of doing things but I usually like to find a base color so something light/neutral. I apply that all over the lid. Next if I do something like a triple color smoky eye or something I will take another light color and pack it on the lid concentrating on the inner corner of my eye and slowly blend out towards the outer corner. Next I will take a color that's a bit darker and pack it on in the middle and blend towards the outer corner. I do blend it a bit towards the light color but you don't want to over do it. Last color would be darkest and would pack it on and then blend out at the outer corner and up into the crease. After that I come back and use whatever color (in the ones I've used) to blend them into each other so itโ€™s nice and seamless. I usually come back with my base color to blend out the top of the crease so itโ€™s not a hard edge. Thatโ€™s why I choose a pale base color. So basically you want to pack the color on and blend. Make sure you wipe down your brush between each color so it doesnโ€™t get muddy and use a different brush to blend it more at the end. Hope this make sense.

@makeupfeind333, Veronika's explanation is pretty thorough! I would also add that applying your layers with a light hand is better and then building on more color if you need to. You may also want to use different brushes for different areas of your lid -- though this is a personal preference and you can do many looks just fine with a single brush as long as you wipe it down between colors. Just make sure that whatever you're blending with is soft and fluffy! Sephora's house blending brush #27 is a pretty solid go-to for me at a relatively affordable price.

RE: Re: Ask me anything!!

Oh hai @makeupfeind333. My recommendation is to blend. And don't apply but one layer of each color.

Hi Hanna, I'm So New On Here๐Ÿ˜„ My Question, Which Goes On...

Hi Hanna, I'm So New On Here๐Ÿ˜„ My Question, Which Goes On First... The Mascara Or Eyeliner? Thank You!

Re: Hi Hanna, I'm So New On Here๐Ÿ˜„ My Question, Which Goes On...

TABASAMU wrote:
Hi Hanna, I'm So New On Here๐Ÿ˜„ My Question, Which Goes On First... The Mascara Or Eyeliner? Thank You!

Hi @TABASAMU, I agree with @k617@veronika23, and @TyrionRocks that mascara goes on after liner! As long as you wait for your liner to dry down completely, you shouldn't have any issues with smearing, and like @NotCrocker said, if you got any liner onto your lashes while applying, the mascara brush will help clear out clumps. I find, too, that it's a lot easier to apply liner before my lashes are stiff with mascara. Depending on how steady your hand is, you can apply mascara either before your eyeshadow (if you're prone to smudging, applying mascara first saves you having to touch up your shadow) or after -- up to you!

@TopazBethhaha yeah that's me sometimes with the smudging! ๐Ÿ˜„ It happens... so I just go back with my brush and shadow to get rid of it. I sometimes have the fall out of the shadow on my lashes so that's why I do the mascara last @TABASAMU.

@TABASAMUI've always applied my mascara last. No matter what I wear on my eyes (shadow/cream shadow/liner/etc) mascara is always last. ๐Ÿ™‚

@NotCrockerThanks for reminding me about the Clarins topcoat. I've heard good things about it and will put it on my list to test. I haven't found a replacement for ABH Lash Genius. It was a unique product and still don't understand why it was discontinued. Maybe they should have marketed it better. There are so many lash primers to help thicken the lashes/make mascara adhere. However, none of them make thick mascaras smearproof for me. As a workaround, I currently layer tubing mascara over other mascaras to hold them in. It works to a certain extent, though still not as good as Lash Genius.

@NotCrocker I know right?! The only way I found out was because it had been OOS for a long time ๐Ÿ˜ž Had I known, I would've stocked up too!!

@k617 and it was so unceremonious! Give a girl a warning so she can stock up! I went to go replace my dying tube and only discovered then that it was long gone!  

@TyrionRocks @NotCrocker Count me in the "disappointed ABH discontinued their lash topcoat" group! My current mascara doesn't require a top coat, but I like NYX's Proof It. It's not quite as awesome as the ABH, but will do until something better comes along!

Going to 4th what @veronika23 @k617 and @TyrionRocks have said about applying mascara last. Even when tightlining, I find that applying mascara at the end smooths out any of the clumps that can come from getting the liner on your lashes, and is the final step of a look. 

Also, YES @TyrionRocks I am soooo sad about ABH discontinuing Lash Genius. It was my favourite and a necessity for my long smudge-prone lashes. I am currently testing out a Clarin's topcoat to see if it will fill the void. 

I agree with @k617 and @veronika23 about putting on eyeliner (regardless of formula) first before mascara to avoid smearing, as the lashes are the most outward part of the eye area. I think about it as painting from background to foreground. Curl lashes first (to avoid putting color on the curler), apply eye primer-shadow-liner, then mascara. That way I can load it up. The only time I am able to pull off mascara first without smearing is when I wear colorless or quick-dry tubing mascara, like Blinc. I have to make sure it's fully dry. When I want to have dramatic lashes using a thicker mascara like Dior Overcurl, I have to put it on last.

On a related note, too bad ABH discontinued their smear-proofing lash overcoat. I wish they'd bring that back.

RE: Hi Hanna, I'm So New On Here๐Ÿ˜„ My Question, Which Goes On...

Oh hai @TABASAMU!! Welcome!!!!! I love halping peeps. Mascara goes on first. If you apply eyeliner {ESPECIALLY LIQUID} it smears really bad. Before you apply even primer CURL THOSE LASHES. Curling your lashes helps hold the mascara SO MUCH BETTER. After you curl apply primer. My favorite primer is Tarte's. Not quite sure on the name atm. Then apply however much mascara you want. My go to is Tarte's lights camera lashes. After mascara apply liner. Hope this helps!!!

Re: RE: Hi Hanna, I'm So New On Here๐Ÿ˜„ My Question, Which Goes On...

I apply liquid liner then mascara, no issues with smearing.

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 20 replies
  • 48 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors
testing