Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes

Any tips?

 I love eyeliner and want to wear it but I have one eyelid that hangs a little lower than the other and when I try to wear eyeliner it doesn’t look right. This picture was the last day I wore eyeliner on the top. I wear it on my waterline. This picture was from 2017.

89E498EF-CEEF-401D-989E-7A5FB15FF711.jpeg

Re: Any tips?

@MariahB06 -- I have the same issue; always did, & now that I'm mid-50s, drooping has increased the difference! Not only is the droop a bit more on one side, but my eyes were always pitched slightly differently, although I was usually able to make it appear more symmetrical with makeup. 

Set aside a little time just to practice. What you need to do is pay attention to which eye goes lower-- that eye will need adjustment. Whichever eye is the one that's easy to get the perfect line you want on, is the one to do first. The other eye will likely need a line that is thicker towards the end and seems to go "up" a little more at the end when you're lining, but will look even when you open your eyes. To make both eyes look perfect, one will have to be lined differently.

Spend some time working on it, and don't be afraid to use a Q-tip or tissue to fix that one eye, or the other at the end, to get it right. I'd start with pencil/gel liner till you get the hang because it's easier to fix mistakes. I recommend Lisa Eldridge's short, excellent videos on liner techniques, she's a very calming presence and helped me figure out what my current liner problems needed. 

Hope that helps! And your little "kitten" there is adorable!

Have you tried doing a wing with your eyeliner? @MariahB06 

I can’t, I just don’t know how to. I’ve tried many times.

@MariahB06 look for tutorials online 😉

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 9 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
Photos1
  • 89E498EF-CEEF-401D-989E-7A5FB15FF711.jpeg
testing