Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

Advice

Got new pallets and I need ideas I would love to use the green as eyeliner but I don’t know how to do that 

image.jpg

image.jpg

 absolutely love the HG pallet

image.jpg

image.jpg

Re: Advice

@lilmilagros When I use powder shadows or loose pigments as eyeliner (not for tight-lining though; I just use a waterline-safe eyeliner for that), I use a mixing medium: a clear liquid or gel that enhances color, transforms powders to liquid makeup, and makes makeup water resistant and smudge proof. 

I use Inglot Duraline or Mehron Mixing Liquid, but other brands also make mixing mediums: Danessa Myricks, Trish McEvoy, Sleek Makeup, MAKEUP BY MARIO Master Metal™ Manipulator™ ... even NYX has one. MAC makes several different options: at their site, search for “mixing medium” to see them all. 

Hope you enjoy your new palettes! 

@lilmilagros Your post reminded me of how I want to try green liner on my waterline.  I saw NYX's Emerald City in Ulta the other day and want to give it a whirl.  They had other greens, but I thought this shade would be the best for my taste.  I had tried one by them called Faux Black with a green lean, but I just didn't see enough green pay off.  I'm also thinking of trying UD's 24/7 in a green shade if I ever get back to wearing makeup to work again!

@lilmilagros The easiest way to use the greens as eyeliner is to spray your eye liner brush with MAC Fix + and sweep the brush into the shadow and use it as liner.

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
Photos4
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
testing