Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

A curious mind wants to know! What was you first high end eyeshadow palette purchase?

My insomnia won! And after doing a search to make sure there wasnt a thread already out there....thos question popped into my head a couple of days ago. I think mine was either Tarte True Blood eyeshadow palette๐Ÿง›โ€โ™€๏ธ (irl pics to come) or the beloved Urban Decay Naked-the OG. What was yours?๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘€And thanks to @SportyGirly125  what's is your most expensive palette?604214916630_naked_alt1.jpg

41kDAtLwpgL._SX355_.jpg

A curious mind wants to know! What was you first high end eyeshadow palette purchase?

As promised, but a little late. Irl pics & thought I would include swatches of the Tarte True Blood palette. I am still a big fan of the show! (and yes, I even read the books) The wipes I was using does leave a residue so I think that helped but still some are not powdery. I'm actually surprised they still swatched good.

Re: A curious mind wants to know! What was you first high end eyeshadow palette purchase?

My first high end palette was Kat von D Butterfly palette and recently I purchased Pat McGrath Bronze Ambition palette. I love them both!

excellent choices! @ZakiyaBT love my Pat!

excellent choices! @ZakiyaBT love my Pat!

RE: A curious mind wants to know! What was you first high end eyeshadow palette purchase?

My first high end palette was definitely the one I made in a Mac store for my birthday when I was about 14. I remember saving money for an entire year! My mom was just as much into makeup then as I am now. My most expensive palettes are the definitely the Natasha Denona Green-Brown and Blue-Purple palettes. As far into my collection as I am now, there is no way I would ever buy a $250 palette again.

Thanks for sharing @darlyndar that green-brown is very te...

Thanks for sharing @darlyndar that green-brown is very tempting to me. But I hear mixed reviews on it....๐Ÿค”

Re: A curious mind wants to know! What was you first high end eyeshadow palette purchase?

Not counting many a Clinique GWP eyeshadow quad stolen from my mom... ๐Ÿ˜‰

I think my first "expensive" purchase was Urban Decay Naked Smokey. AND i got it for 50% off during a Weekly Wow-ish deal at Sephora at JCP.

Naked Smoky

I finally broke down & got that when they were on sale at...

I finally broke down & got that when they were on sale at Ulta. I wanted it for the packaging!๐Ÿ˜‰ @scott1201

@sonnydee ohhhh I love this thread!! The first palette I ever owned was a MAC 4-pan I received as a gift in 2011... I honestly never used eyeshadow, and that was the only palette I had until 2017! I picked up the Smashbox Photo Matte, thinking I was a grown-up who would only be wearing matte neutrals after I got my first office job.... Except i I realized Iโ€™m a grown up with an office job who wants to wear shimmers and color! I still have it and to be honest i do like it as a brow powder and to complement palettes that donโ€™t have enough neutrals. (Images arenโ€™t mine

Man I loved this palette! My first foray into pulled!Man I loved this palette! My first foray into pulled!

AEF755F4-A1BB-4E30-8957-21CBCA4D9155.jpeg

@cianni  Looove those colours in the MAC palette. A great makeup gift! ๐Ÿ’œ

Like you @cianni I'm still shimmer all the way!๐Ÿ’– 

Well, I can take one a long walks down memory lane, c. 1978.  Just out of college, I purchased  my first non-drugstore -  Merle Norman; there was a cool and warm palette, I bought both. I did the whole makeover thing so I probably spent my entire 2-week pay on makeup. I went through a lot of Clinique singles in the 80s.  Fast forward - most expensive would be my Marc Jacobs Wild Ones limited edition or my Burberry palette. And I still don't have a Pat McGrath - I haven't been able to bring myself to spend over $100 on one palette.

I admit I  threw up a lil-in my mouth- when I  finally pulled the trigger on the over $100 palettes! @ellie50 but they're soooooo worth it but I dont dare travel with them. I was disappointed he didnt do a holiday big pan eyeshadow palette last year!๐Ÿ˜ฏ๐Ÿ˜ข

RE: Re: A curious mind wants to know! What was you first high end eyeshadow palette purchase?

Do it! Get one of the 6-pan. I love the platinum bronze - itโ€™s cool toned neutral. Makes me look amazing. Theyโ€™re still available on her website and totally worth it.

I'm pretty sure mine was UD Naked 2 ๐Ÿ™‚

The Nakeds are named ALOT in this thread! @mmmiu 

I own a good amount of eye shadow singles, mostly neutral or pink shimmers that are easily applied. I like products that I can just swish across my lid, that add a touch of colour and polish and look natural.

I have only ever bought one palette and that was Diors 'Backstage'. However, as I really should have expected, I have only found myself using a couple of the colours so the product is mostly a waste of money for me. Back to buying singles I go...

DIOR - BACKSTAGE Eyeshadow Palette

Is there a brand that you always go to, to buy your singles from? ๐Ÿค”@grizzlymaze or a mix?

My first expensive eye shadows were singles from MAC and Lancome. But now that I remember my first expensive palette was a quad from Chanel called Nymphea. I think it was this one:

m_53f0f1aefab836028c1b0019

That is so pretty!๐Ÿ˜ @LadyStark1 thanks for sharing!๐Ÿค—

Stila huge round palette which irritated my eyes badly and I had to return that. Since then I have never bought any Stila palettes. And then I bought a Dior palette, about 7 years ago, and till now it's as good as new.

Conversation Stats
Photos24
  • 41kDAtLwpgL._SX355_.jpg
  • 604214916630_naked_alt1.jpg
  • UD_BookOfShadowsIV_20181211_155159.jpg
  • TomFord_EyeQuad_SeductiveRose_20190617_004215.jpg
  • 44F6157A-1C49-4A62-9A88-AE4E8A1DC315.jpeg
  • 11D9C4CA-2FE1-4B4B-8654-1F72284BE5A7.jpeg
  • 3DEA4740-B13D-4F1A-BAA6-5B67A97886E6.jpeg
  • rad.jpeg
  • IMG_20190623_223150999.jpg
  • IMG_20190623_223227044.jpg