Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

A curious mind wants to know! What was you first high end eyeshadow palette purchase?

My insomnia won! And after doing a search to make sure there wasnt a thread already out there....thos question popped into my head a couple of days ago. I think mine was either Tarte True Blood eyeshadow palette๐Ÿง›โ€โ™€๏ธ (irl pics to come) or the beloved Urban Decay Naked-the OG. What was yours?๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘€And thanks to @SportyGirly125  what's is your most expensive palette?604214916630_naked_alt1.jpg

41kDAtLwpgL._SX355_.jpg

Re: A curious mind wants to know! What was you first high end eyeshadow palette purchase?

Aw man, memories.  I believe mine was the UD Naked palette as well!  I still have it (shhh don't tell anyone) even though I barely use it anymore.  I just don't have the heart to get rid of it.  I remember that True Blood palette vividly @sonnydee It was too expensive for me so I picked up the lip crayon that's still rattling around in a drawer somewhere!

I still have mine & it's back up๐Ÿ™„. And the one that i bo...

I still have mine & it's back up๐Ÿ™„. And the one that i bought since they were retiring it..๐Ÿ˜@michelleshops I wont tell! i also bought a back up or 2 ๐Ÿ˜of naked smoky. i LOVE that one!

Re: A curious mind wants to know! What was you first high end eyeshadow palette purchase?

rad.jpeg

the rainforest after dark palette was my first high end eyeshadow palette - also my first sephora purchase.
my most expensive palette is definitely the instant look in a palette in natural beauty from charlotte tilbury

@Kaylabr  My first high end palette was also the Rainforest After Dark palette, and it was definitely one of my absolute favourites for WAYYY longer than I probably should have kept it for! I always took it travelling with me too. 

I honestly think it's the best palette I've ever owned for travelling. I never felt like I was missing anything 

@Llgc hahaaaa same - i definitely had mine for way too long. i ended up buying another when it came back in the sale section and had that for longer than i should have too. it has most of everything you need and all the colors were absolutely perfect for me. not to mention the packaging was gorgeous and convenient

@Llgc I used to have this too! I used to do my makeup in the bathroom at work or on the bus all the time with this one. I passed it on to my aunt once my collection got bigger but it was definitely a good one. I think I've had 3 or 4 of these Tarte circle palettes over the years, just because they were so convenient.

@makeitup305 yes! i had this and the showstopper one. they were both great for traveling and starting off my make-up collection. i wish they still made these tbh

@Kaylabr  Thatโ€™s a beautiful palette inside and out! 

@Kaylabr that snake on the tarte palette really tempted m...

@Kaylabr that snake on the tarte palette really tempted me in getting it but I was strong! I actually dont own any of the rainforest palettes surprisingly ๐Ÿค”. love me some CT though!๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

Re: @Kaylabr that snake on the tarte palette really tempted m...

@sonnydee i'm pretty sure that's what drew me in as well. i remember hearing about tarte through some youtubers i watched at the time, so that was one of the first brands i looked into when i shopped at sephora online. when i saw that i was sold between the packaging and the color story. agreed! i have a few ct palettes and they are so easy to use and the colors are gorgeous.

Re: @Kaylabr that snake on the tarte palette really tempted m...

@sonnydee @Kaylabr Yesss same! The snake tempted me too lol! I still remember vividly wanting it, but happened to miss it

I think it might have been a Too Faced one, I can't remember what it was called for sure, but it was in tin packaging with macarons all over. I really didn't like it, the shadows were barely pigmented and didn't blend really well for me.

@elise222 this one?

@elise222 this one?

Re: @elise222 this one?

Yeah, that was it! Looking back at it now, I have no clue why I bought it (it may have been on sale?). But those colours just aren't what I'm typically drawn to.

I had to think a lot about this. Iโ€™m pretty sure my first non-drugstore eyeshadow palette wasnโ€™t a premade palette. It was most likely my old MAC Pro empty palette that I customized with single MAC shadows. I think the current version of that palette has optional inserts. I remember pulling the inserts out of my old one. ๐Ÿ˜„ That palette had a sad accident: it was broken during a move to a new home. But we had a good run. RIP, old friend. 

My most expensive eyeshadow palettes, in terms of palette price, are my Viseart 12-pans. But in terms of price per gram, my most expensive palette is actually Natasha Denona Mini Lila. ๐Ÿ˜„ I have to use the full $25 USD price since I didnโ€™t get it on sale; at that price, itโ€™s $6.25 USD per gram! Thatโ€™s nearly double Viseartโ€™s $/g. Honestly, the Viseart 12-pans are an even better deal than ABH palettes, so I donโ€™t regret buying them at all. 

@WinglessOne thank you for sharing with us you dear, old...

@WinglessOne thank you for sharing with us you dear, old mac palette memory. ๐ŸŒนI think people, myself included, just see the $25 price tag & think "oh that's not bad, " add to cart. but excellent point!

I donโ€™t have it anymore, but I think it would have to be Urban Decay Book of Shadows III. 

@Squirrelish I was late to the game for all the BOS. did...

@Squirrelish I was late to the game for all the BOS. did you pan it ? ot just destash it?

Re: @Squirrelish I was late to the game for all the BOS. did...

A little of both ๐Ÿ˜› I ended up "unboxing" it (there was a trend with Z-Palettes! RIP gorgeous packaging) and then panned the shadows I used - there was a super sparkly purple that got destashed.

The big downside of the BOS was the super large packaging. Cute for the first bit...and then cumbersome. 

I think my first was a Kat von D palette...not the newer ones, the really older 8-pan ones (or 12-pan).  I remember I got the one with the dark sparkly black and one with a cream gold shadow.

Soon after came UD Naked 2.  As far as most expensive, I guess that would be PMG 6-pan, La Vie en Rose.

@danielledanielle I have a couple of those! and excellent...

@danielledanielle I have a couple of those! and excellent choice of pat! her palettes have been like a bag of chips for me though..๐Ÿค‘
Conversation Stats
Photos24
  • 41kDAtLwpgL._SX355_.jpg
  • 604214916630_naked_alt1.jpg
  • UD_BookOfShadowsIV_20181211_155159.jpg
  • TomFord_EyeQuad_SeductiveRose_20190617_004215.jpg
  • 44F6157A-1C49-4A62-9A88-AE4E8A1DC315.jpeg
  • 11D9C4CA-2FE1-4B4B-8654-1F72284BE5A7.jpeg
  • 3DEA4740-B13D-4F1A-BAA6-5B67A97886E6.jpeg
  • rad.jpeg
  • IMG_20190623_223150999.jpg
  • IMG_20190623_223227044.jpg