Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

A curious mind wants to know! What was you first high end eyeshadow palette purchase?

My insomnia won! And after doing a search to make sure there wasnt a thread already out there....thos question popped into my head a couple of days ago. I think mine was either Tarte True Blood eyeshadow palette🧛‍♀️ (irl pics to come) or the beloved Urban Decay Naked-the OG. What was yours?🤔🤔🤔🤔👀👀👀And thanks to @SportyGirly125  what's is your most expensive palette?604214916630_naked_alt1.jpg

41kDAtLwpgL._SX355_.jpg

Re: @danielledanielle I have a couple of those! and excellent...

@sonnydee , I tried to find a pic, but I couldn't remeber what they were called..But I had a feeling someone knew about the ol' KVD here!

I also used to live her liner before it became a brush, it used to be in an ink bottle.  Also, when her liner pen came out, it came out in different widths!  I wish she'd bring that back.

PMG..I guess you can't have one, lol.  BUT, I am trying to stick with what I've got.

Re: A curious mind wants to know! What was you first high end eyeshadow palette purchase?

Mine was the Lorac Pro followed shortly after by UD Naked 2. My most expensive is ND Lila. 

Re: A curious mind wants to know! What was you first high end eyeshadow palette purchase?

@sonnydee,

I think mine was an old Tarte one that had these faux jewels on it and it had three layers of palettes in it!

❤️ Melissa

@melissabt This one?  That $686 value is a little wild of a claim!  3DEA4740-B13D-4F1A-BAA6-5B67A97886E6.jpeg

$686 @heartsmyface 😳🤔 might take the cake @sonnydee 

@heartsmyface,

You are quick! Yes:)! It is totally that one, it brings back memories.

❤️ Melissa

@sonnydee @My first high end eyeshadow palette was the Naked2 palette but the first high end palette I ever bought was the Too Faced Natural face.  I would use up the cream in there long before everything else and repurchased it multiple times before they discontinued it:/ 

11D9C4CA-2FE1-4B4B-8654-1F72284BE5A7.jpeg

Ohhh what a fun trip down memory lane! @sonnydee 

I remember one of my first palette purchases from Sephora was during their Black Friday sale back in 2013. At that point I was getting into non drugstore makeup (have been wearing it well before that point but always stuck with drugstore stuff and gifted items). Anyway I ended up getting the Too Faced Glamour To Go Palette. I remember liking the small compact that had a lot of colors and options considering it’s size. It came with eight eyeshadows and a Bronzer, blush and cream highlighter. Only downside was the powder that landed on the cream highlighter would make things messy. 

44F6157A-1C49-4A62-9A88-AE4E8A1DC315.jpeg

@trishavt,

I so remember these!!:)

❤️ Melissa

I still have that! 😃@trishavt so exciting but at the sam...

I still have that! 😃@trishavt so exciting but at the same time...man, I really need to use my collection😋

Re: I still have that! 😃@trishavt so exciting but at the sam...

@sonnydee whoa!! That’s commitment. I think I ended up throwing mine away a few years ago bc it was old and I wasn’t using it. Also making an excuse to buy more palettes by clearing out space hehe 😉

Oooh thanks for this post and hello fellow insomnia buddy @sonnydee . Does anyone remember the Urban Decay Book of Shadows? Shadows IV was my first!

UD_BookOfShadowsIV_20181211_155159.jpg

My most expensive are the TOM FORD - Eye Color Quads

I have Seductive Rose on hand here

TomFord_EyeQuad_SeductiveRose_20190617_004215.jpg

I sadly missed out on these 😞@RNGesusPls I loved makeup...

I sadly missed out on these 😞@RNGesusPls I loved makeup but hadn't discovered UD until the Naked 1. I shamefully have 2 TF palettes & have yet to use them..I know! smh..I get tempted with the new releases but then honeymoon & nude dip stare back at me untouched! so I say no...lol!

Re: I sadly missed out on these 😞@RNGesusPls I loved makeup...

@sonnydee No shame, I've done that too because they're too pretty to use 😅 Time to give them some love!

The Naked 1 was a trendsetter! I hit pan on only one shade...their eyeshadow pans run deep.

@RNGesusPls  Wow, that UD set is so pretty!! And I’ve almost fallen prey to that Tom Ford quad on multiple occasions 😂 It’s my favourite one. Do you like it/use it a lot? 

@PinkEvergreen That UD one is so chunky lol. I keep forgetting to depot them (also does anyone know if the pans are magnetic?).

Seductive Rose is pretty, the glittery shadows especially are more sheer with their color pay-off, a little fallout, but I love how subtle they look on my eyes (idk if it's worth the price though but it's so pretty 😅 ...). Mine is getting kind of old so I'm currently rotating between this and another palette in my panning challenge.

@sonnydee Love reminiscing about this, so thanks for posting the topic 😊

The “gateway” palette that led me down the garden path to Sephora and all the rest of the high-end pretties was:

Urban Decay Naked3 Eyeshadow Palette Naked3

I was still very conservative back then (okay, it was just three years ago lol) and this was very bold for me. Now, though, this palette is long gone from my daily rotation.

But, she was a beauty and I will keep her forever in her original packaging. (I never keep original packaging, so that’s how you know that this palette has sentimental value 😉)

Oh, and to answer the bonus question: My most expensive palette is a tie between two sister palettes:

Natasha Denona Eyeshadow Palette 28 Green-Brown in Purple Blue and in Green Brown. They’re massive, and I am not an MUA, but I have no regrets 🥰

@PinkEvergreen I've wanted that ND Blue-Green for forever but I haven't picked it up yet. I have almost all her other large ones, though, with the exception of the Lila palette and I love them all. 

@makeitup305  It's definitely one of my precious palettes that never leaves home. All the shadows apply almost effortlessly and work together so well. 

@PinkEvergreen *sigh* maybe one day. I remember she did a sale on Black Friday a couple of years ago where they were almost half off and I almost picked it up then but didn't. I'm kicking my butt for that now that I know how much I love her formulas.

@makeitup305  A good sale will come around again. In the meantime, don’t forget about her smaller palettes. I absolutely love Star and 10 too 😊

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos24
  • 41kDAtLwpgL._SX355_.jpg
  • 604214916630_naked_alt1.jpg
  • UD_BookOfShadowsIV_20181211_155159.jpg
  • TomFord_EyeQuad_SeductiveRose_20190617_004215.jpg
  • 44F6157A-1C49-4A62-9A88-AE4E8A1DC315.jpeg
  • 11D9C4CA-2FE1-4B4B-8654-1F72284BE5A7.jpeg
  • 3DEA4740-B13D-4F1A-BAA6-5B67A97886E6.jpeg
  • rad.jpeg
  • IMG_20190623_223150999.jpg