Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

A curious mind wants to know! What was you first high end eyeshadow palette purchase?

My insomnia won! And after doing a search to make sure there wasnt a thread already out there....thos question popped into my head a couple of days ago. I think mine was either Tarte True Blood eyeshadow palette🧛‍♀️ (irl pics to come) or the beloved Urban Decay Naked-the OG. What was yours?🤔🤔🤔🤔👀👀👀And thanks to @SportyGirly125  what's is your most expensive palette?604214916630_naked_alt1.jpg

41kDAtLwpgL._SX355_.jpg

lol @PinkEvergreen the 28 brown/green will get me one day...

lol @PinkEvergreen the 28 brown/green will get me one day. And I'm not a MUA either!

Re: lol @PinkEvergreen the 28 brown/green will get me one day...

@sonnydee  I waited for a 20% Rouge sale when I bought them, so it hurt a little less 😏  Now people have the option to earn $100 Rouge reward vouchers to use toward them, which is better 😊

Re: A curious mind wants to know! What was you first high end eyeshadow palette purchase?

DIOR 5 Couleurs Eyeshadow Palette! I ended up buying several because I couldn't choose just one! https://www.sephora.com/product/5-couleurs-eyeshadow-P419648

Dior 5 Couleurs Eyeshadow 537 - Touch Matte

@julianak I'm sure they make a beautiful, luxurious famil...

@julianak I'm sure they make a beautiful, luxurious family😍😉!

Re: A curious mind wants to know! What was you first high end eyeshadow palette purchase?

@sonnydee My first palette was Too Faced Natural Eyes Eyeshadow Palette

when it first came out.  Liked it so much I bought a second b/c back then it was billed as LE 🙂

That is a good one! @greeneyedgirl107. I'm actually still...

That is a good one! @Anonymous7. I'm actually still a lil sad I didnt grab the natural at night or something like that....gotta go google... 🤔edit: found it!

My first high end palette was the Too Faced Chocolate Bar, and I've repurchased it twice after hitting pan in like seven of the shadows. I use it ALL the time to this day. Although it's been shoved to the back of the palette drawer in favor of the Biba palette lately! 

@BrennaBombshell that usually goes on my fall family trip...

@BrennaBombshell that usually goes on my fall family trips! Nice autumn colors. 🍁 I had to buy a 2nd after my then 4 year old son helped me pan mine....with a pencil. 😟

My first eyeshadow palette was a Sephora Collection Palette for Blue Eyes @sonnydee . I definitely hit pan on a couple of the colors in that palette. I wish that I could find another palette like that one.

My most expensive palette to date is the Viseart Neutral Matte. I have been using a condensed version of that palette Theory Palette in Minx. The original palette has a flaw that drives me crazy. If you drop the palette, the cover separates from the hinges so be prepared to either tape it up or put a rubber band around it to keep it closed.

I have the first petit pro....and dont reach for it that...

I have the first petit pro....and dont reach for it that often🙄. Yikes about the flaw. Is there no way to depott them into a more life-friendly palette? @Loretta55

Re: I have the first petit pro....and dont reach for it that...

I am scared to try depotting a palette @sonnydee because I am a klutz. 

My first high end eyeshadow pallet was 

The Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette.

Love it!

@sonnydee 

@I8totheparty The Nakeds are really popular for being peo...

@I8totheparty The Nakeds are really popular for being peoples first purchase down the rabbit hole...(I can say that because UD is my biggest collection 😉🤗)

Hi @sonnydee ,

Mine was the Urban Decay Naked Palette. Good times! Created so many looks with that palette. 

Best Wishes,

Janean

Such a awesome choice @JaneanBT & seems to be a popular one!

Such a awesome choice @JaneanBT & seems to be a popular one!

Hmmm... I'm not totally sure but I think it may have been one of those Mac 6 pan minis - the pinky one! I did have one of those palettes from sephora that looked like a shopping bag first but not sure if that counts

yea, I dont remember either exactly which I bought first...

yea, I dont remember either exactly which I bought first but I do think that either the UD or the Tarte TB was my first high end. it was fun reminiscing though......🤩😏@Kim888

@sonnydee My first palette that was just eyeshadow was the original Urban Decay naked palette. The first HE palette I ever bought was the NARS everlasting love anniversary eye, lip, and cheek palette❤️

@faeriegirl Did you pan it? either one, the UD or the Nars?

@faeriegirl Did you pan it? either one, the UD or the Nars?

Re: @faeriegirl Did you pan it? either one, the UD or the Nars?

@sonnydee not on either one of them,  I just kept getting more🤦‍♀️

Re: @faeriegirl Did you pan it? either one, the UD or the Nars?

@faeriegirl  Story of our lives 😅 I really need to join one of the panning challenges....

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos24
  • 41kDAtLwpgL._SX355_.jpg
  • 604214916630_naked_alt1.jpg
  • UD_BookOfShadowsIV_20181211_155159.jpg
  • TomFord_EyeQuad_SeductiveRose_20190617_004215.jpg
  • 44F6157A-1C49-4A62-9A88-AE4E8A1DC315.jpeg
  • 11D9C4CA-2FE1-4B4B-8654-1F72284BE5A7.jpeg
  • 3DEA4740-B13D-4F1A-BAA6-5B67A97886E6.jpeg
  • rad.jpeg
  • IMG_20190623_223150999.jpg