Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

100 Shades of Eyeshadow Challenge

Inspired by @Samtian 's new year's resolution and the 100 Days of Lipstick Challenge started by @snoflakefaerie ! I thought it would be fun to do the same thing with eyeshadows!!

I have so many eyeshadow shades I never wear!  The 100 days of lip challenge has really encouraged me to branch out! So I'm challenging myself (and whoever else wants to join) to use more of them. I'm going to try to make my way through my whole collection using different shades each day! Share some eye looks or swatches - whatever's easier! 

Spoiler

Tags:

Re: the purple shadow is gorgeous @idanyd 💜

thank you so much my friend! @2manyperfumes it has a slight shift to it and it was better applied with a finger rather than a brush and i tried using the UD finger brush

Re: RE: 100 Shades of Eyeshadow Challenge

They're beautiful colors and you worked 'em, @idanyd, so great with plummy rosy tones. Bailey is a doll, I'm glad for her that her collab turned out well.

thank you so so so much!!! @heavyhedon i love her videos where she narrates a crime story while doing her makeup! she is very talented!

RE: 100 Shades of Eyeshadow Challenge

Ooo is this the Bailey Sarian one? I love her!! How’s the quality?

Yes!! that's the one!! had it as a picked item in my ipsy plus box.  Well to be honest i like it so far.  I used it on an unset tacky concealer base.  The mattes were pigmented and were easy to blend out.  They can also be layered on for more color intensity.  The shimmers are best applied with a finger and you will get a bit of fallout.  So my advice do your eye makeup first or lay a lot of powder in your under eye area or shadow shields.  

Re: 100 Shades of Eyeshadow Challenge

I absolutely love this thread.  I have spent days reading each and every post.  I have no clue how to properly apply eyeshadow but you all have inspired me to take out my palettes and try.  All of you ladies have such a high skill level when it comes to what colors work well together and your applications are flawless.  Thank you for showing the palettes that you used and the palettes that you love.  This whole thread provided me with so much information and so much inspiration.

this is an awesome thread @SusanM85 ❤ full of inspiration...

this is an awesome thread @SusanM85 ❤ full of inspiration and never ending shadow collections

Re: this is an awesome thread @SusanM85 ❤ full of inspiration...

@2manyperfumes  You are full of inspiration and never ending eyeshadows.  I am amazed when you show a palette and what you do with it.

@SusanM85 -- never forget, it washes off.  Experiment and have fun!

@heavyhedon  Thank you so much. 

Hello! and Welcome @SusanM85 I am also learning how to properly apply shadows with different techniques I have binge-watched on YouTube (spoiler alert Wayne Goss is amazing at short tutorials)! I can not wait to see all your eye looks and palettes you use to create them!! We all start somewhere as @lmaster said! And we all give each other's tips on how some palettes can better work with you! This is a great thread and community!

@idanyd  Thank you so much I remember some of your looks and you are doing a fantastic job.

thank you so much!!! @SusanM85 

Awwww @SusanM85 I've spent years learning, gotta start somewhere right? 😊 I would watch YouTube tutorials for hours, and I'm still learning 😉 please join in 

@lmaster  I will watch videos and I will try.  Thank you for the encouragement.

Ohh I hope you do! @SusanM85 we can inspire each other 🙌

@SusanM85 Welcome! I hope you share your looks with us! I'm a complete amateur and have learned some helpful tips from others in this thread! 

@Samtian  I am a long way from sharing my look.  But I am going to take out my brushes and palettes and follow a great you tube video one of the ladies posted.  

RE: 100 Shades of Eyeshadow Challenge

Yes more single shadows from SydneyGrace Cosmetics. Today I also used my matte gray from Melt and the yellow shimmer from Notoriously Morbid as an inner corner highlighter and under eye. Shades from SG are Slay (deep blue shimmer) and Take Your Time (green shimmer). I did a warm/cool lighting comparison.

Beautiful look, @2manyperfumes!! 🤩

@2manyperfumes Lovely colors. Nice greens that match your shirt.

32,023 Replies
testing