Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

100 Shades of Eyeshadow Challenge

Inspired by @Samtian 's new year's resolution and the 100 Days of Lipstick Challenge started by @snoflakefaerie ! I thought it would be fun to do the same thing with eyeshadows!!

I have so many eyeshadow shades I never wear!  The 100 days of lip challenge has really encouraged me to branch out! So I'm challenging myself (and whoever else wants to join) to use more of them. I'm going to try to make my way through my whole collection using different shades each day! Share some eye looks or swatches - whatever's easier! 

Spoiler

Tags:

RE: 100 Shades of Eyeshadow Challenge

Here’s a few more! I apologize before hand for the multiple stupid poses I took when I was in my teens. Well. I’m 20 now so that’s not so long ago but I promise I do not do the duck face anymore 😂😂 gah it’s so weird looking at these crappy blends and weird color combos lol I’m so sorry 😂😂

Liner skills are 🔥👏🏻😍

Tysm! It took me forever to get good at liner especially because I have semi-hooded eyes. 🥰❤️ @Estelamusic

Re: RE: 100 Shades of Eyeshadow Challenge

Oohhhhhh love the 🌈!! @NikkiDevine 

RE: Re: RE: 100 Shades of Eyeshadow Challenge

Tysm!! I got a little trigger happy because it was my first colorful palette lol but I’m glad you like them! 🥰❤️🧡💛💚💙💜 @Imaster

Don’t apologize your young and having fun playing with pretty makeup ❤️ 👍 @NikkiDevine

Tysm @2manyperfumes 🥰💕 miss seeing your gorgeous looks!

Again, all lovely looks-- the graduated blues are calling my name, though @NikkiDevine 

Ikr! I love blue eyeshadow 😍💙 well I love all colors lol but tysm @heavyhedon 🥰💕

They are all gorgeous but the mint green and purple is calling my name! @NikkiDevine

Tysm! I really did like that color combo too but I feel like it wasn’t applied very well lol I had just gotten the colourpop she’s a rainbow palette and it’s my first truly colorful palette so I just kinda went all out lol 😂❤️🥰 @idanyd

Hey guys! I haven’t been on in the past two days or so but I had an idea! I want to share my journey of makeup from the beginning when I was first starting out. These looks are just some of the first looks I’ve ever done and I encourage you guys to share your first looks too! I will be uploading more throughout my journey in chronological order from then to now! I would start a new thread, but I’m really not familiar with how to go about it or if any of you lovely people would see it so I figured I’d do it here! I just kept looking back at my old looks as was astounded at how far I’ve come!

So very bright and beautiful @NikkiDevine 

Tysm @Imaster 🥰❤️

@NikkiDevine These pics prove you were talented before you knew it! LOL, my makeup wearing journey didn't start with YT or IG, it began when I was 14; my older sister needed someone to go out disco dancing with her, so she took me along. I wore way too much powder and blush, but with my vest, blouse, skirt and chunky platform heels, I passed for 18 well enough. That summer, at fifteen, I began wearing full makeup every day, and the by fall was doing makeup on all my friends & sister's friends.

We didn't all have cameras then. But a friend's photographer BF once asked me to do one of my "going out" looks he'd seen for a pic session, so here you go, straight from the 80s--

I think I'd just hit 19 here? or was about to hit 20. The photographer told me to wear extra blush, so it would show. Boy it shows!I think I'd just hit 19 here? or was about to hit 20. The photographer told me to wear extra blush, so it would show. Boy it shows!

Wow!! @heavyhedon look at that art,,, absolutely stunning

@lmaster -- Thank you!

OMG I LOVE THIS!!! YOU JUST MADE MY WHOLE DAY THIS LOOK IS EVERYTHING! @heavyhedon 😍😍😍😍🥰🥰🥰 I am obsessed with the 80’s and I’m 100% loving this whole look from the earrings to the lipstick to the hair and the graphic makeup like ❤️❤️💕 ugh I love it all. I grew up on 70’s and 80’s music being a real prominent factor in my everyday life. I don’t have any social media except this platform which I’m not sure counts as social media but I guess you can say I’m a really old soul. 80’s bands is pretty much all I listen to with a few exceptions but my dad who passed away when I was 13 is the one who introduced me to 70’s and 80’s rock and it’s all I’ve ever really known. You look gorgeous here btw!

Re: RE: Re: RE: 100 Shades of Eyeshadow Challenge

@NikkiDevine I'm glad you got a kick out of it. The photographer told me to snarl a little instead of smile, hence the snarky mouth.  I used art store paintbrushes (good makeup brushes weren't readily available to me then except for powder & blush brushes) and Mary Kay cake eyeshadows, with some glitter gel from Spencer's (RIP, Spencer's). I would have adored the marker style liners we have now, and oh for a setting spray! The makeup technology is so much better now, and the community---

Anyone that was alive in the 70s probably feels like we got the best music to grow up to... so I can't argue with your choices; it's nice that your dad shared his love of music with you.   

If ever I find my late 70s Christmas pic I'll scan it in for you-- silver eyeshadow, silver nail polish, silver lipgloss, a curly perm, and silver silky blouse with a silver satin wraparound skirt. It's hilarious, honestly, and as clearly dated as this pic was. I was obsessed then with Nichelle Nichols' and Barbra Streisand's makeup looks from the 60s-- winged liner was considered outdated when I was a kid, no one in my area wore it anymore. We always want what came before, I guess. Hence the vintage shop earrings. 

omg, that's awesome!!  I was obsessed with the 80's ever since I was a teenager (in the late 90's...so of course I was weird lol).  80's movies, music, and fashion are the best ever!!  so jealous I missed it!!!  awesome pic @heavyhedon !!

@treestar86 Thanks! I think that whenever we're a teenager, it kinda sucks to be us, but there was some good music, style etc.; I still miss the wealth of amazing purple clothes/makeup that took over awhile after Purple Rain came out, for instance. 

32,002 Replies
testing