Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

100 Shades of Eyeshadow Challenge

Inspired by @Samtian 's new year's resolution and the 100 Days of Lipstick Challenge started by @snoflakefaerie ! I thought it would be fun to do the same thing with eyeshadows!!

I have so many eyeshadow shades I never wear!  The 100 days of lip challenge has really encouraged me to branch out! So I'm challenging myself (and whoever else wants to join) to use more of them. I'm going to try to make my way through my whole collection using different shades each day! Share some eye looks or swatches - whatever's easier! 

Spoiler

Tags:

Re: 100 Shades of Eyeshadow Challenge

@JaneanBT Thank you!

two great shades!! @Samtian

two great shades!! @Samtian

Re: two great shades!! @Samtian

@lmaster Thank you!

Gorgeous shades on you @Samtian ❤️ Congratulations on 💯 💋.  Ive lost count because I think I have so many shadows yikes.  

@2manyperfumes  Thank you! I have to keep a list of the running total haha.

@Samtian 

ooh, noice!  congrats on making 100!!!

hey, i've had my eye on some MUFE singles...how are you liking the formula in general?

@drrragon Thank you! These are from the Artist Palette #3, but I really like the formula!

RE: 100 Shades of Eyeshadow Challenge

Sequin Row Review. Tati Palette. Texture wise, a tad more creamy than the matte. It reminds me of Nars matte texture. This row is matte based with glitter specs. Elbow grease and technique need applied. Best application technique: Use a non-powdery primer or concealer will also do. Definitely use glitter glue on the area you want to apply it on. Skip the brush, pad it with your finger in one large swipe if possible. This texture is best as the star of the show.. Here, I worked backwards: concealer, transition shade with ritual metallic, deepened with ritual matte, then glitter glue in the middle, tapped in sequin ritual with finger. Carefully blend so as not to disturb the glitter flecks. Dry and wet swatches below. And took photos in both indoor light, before lashes and outdoor light. It's better in person than in photos for sure. When you're moving around under various lights, you can see the flex. If you're trying to do a glam look for a photo, these will hardly show. Ease of use- I'd rate this row a 5 out of 10. If you want a daily glam look, this texture is perfect for that. But I can't guarantee you'll be done with your eyeshadow routine in 10 minutes.

Re: RE: 100 Shades of Eyeshadow Challenge

Hi @thatjedininja ,

This is a great look and great review. Love the shimmers! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

@JaneanBT @lmaster  Thank you ladies! 

wow!! that's awesome work! @thatjedininja

wow!! that's awesome work! @thatjedininja

These are so pigmented @thatjedininja ❤️, beautiful on you.  Love the intensity with the setting spray.  

@2manyperfumes  thank you!!! its a decent formula for sure. 

@thatjedininja  wow, just fabulous!!  makes me want to try out some fall colors....i don't think i actually own any, LOL....strictly a cool neutrals girl.

Thank you SO MUCH for the detailed reviews of all four formulas in that Tati palette.  It's great to hear an unvarnished opinion and from an MUA at that.  Heart Heart

@drrragon Of course! Cool neutrals are my thang- bang...you don't have to think about it. 

Here I’m using the lunar beauty moon spell palette

@idanyd  OoOoo....you got Lunar's Moon Spell!!! I love the theme of that palette so much I wanna cry, hahaha!  This is a gorgeous look you've created btw.  Smokey, spooky glam --hits me in the Halloween feels. 

RE: Re: RE: 100 Shades of Eyeshadow Challenge

Thank you so much!!! @thatjedininja I fell in love with the packaging 😆 but it’s actually pretty good!

That smoky teal shade is gorgeous @idanyd 😻❤️ Love it!!! 

RE: Re: RE: 100 Shades of Eyeshadow Challenge

Thank you so much 😊 @2manyperfumes

Ya'll I caved. I got the Tati palette...lol. Rows that I liked: Mattes - I've seen so many reviews describing this row as "creamy to the touch"--it's not. It feels like a matte. It's not gritty, it's definitely smooth, but it's not creamy like ND or even some Colourpop mattes I've felt (and they are by the same parent company). Texture-wise, it's closer to UD's Born to Run mattes. Creamy is probably a better description for the blend. Metallic- this one is creamy to the touch--reminds me of ND metallic texture but a bit more hard pressed. Rows that I need to play with more: Sequin- this row is a matte with micro glitters, same texture as the mattes. I need to play with this more, I'm not seeing it's full potential yet because I'm utilizing 4 different textures and 5 shades. More to come on this. Glitter- pillowy and creamy to the touch. Best applied with a finger vs. brush. If you use a brush, you get more of the scattered look. I'm not sure how I feel about this row yet. Just personal preference, I prefer the glitter texture on a PMG Astral vs. a straight glitter. I think vegan + cruelty free formulation is tough to do well and this palette hit it out of the park. First impression, I think it's good. I don't think you're missing out on anything though. I'm definitely going to be using this for a one stop travel palette or if I want a quick neutral look.

32,004 Replies
testing