Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

100 Shades of Eyeshadow Challenge

Inspired by @Samtian 's new year's resolution and the 100 Days of Lipstick Challenge started by @snoflakefaerie ! I thought it would be fun to do the same thing with eyeshadows!!

I have so many eyeshadow shades I never wear!  The 100 days of lip challenge has really encouraged me to branch out! So I'm challenging myself (and whoever else wants to join) to use more of them. I'm going to try to make my way through my whole collection using different shades each day! Share some eye looks or swatches - whatever's easier! 

Spoiler

Tags:

Re: 100 Shades of Eyeshadow Challenge

@lmaster Thank you! This first one definitely was. Temptalia had problems with this palette and says they are best for single or double shade looks, though I liked the looks she created. 

Pretty quad, @Samtian , love the deep brown especially, but the warm apple crisp-inspired look you made here is lovely. And that pistachio shade-- oooh. 

@heavyhedon Thank you! I didn't like the dark brown. 

Since I've been asked, here's an update on the makeup storage case(s) I bought. 

Yep, cases. After days of working on it, I realized that this: mishmash makeup storage 004.JPG

Could never comfortably contain all of this: all of my makeup/etcall of my makeup/etc

Background: For over 30 years I've always kept my makeup in the original boxes, inside bigger boxes & makeup bags & train cases in my linen closets, where it's dark and usually cool. But our summers are growing hotter& I can't keep the hallway cool (only a small A/C in the bedroom) and my collection has been growing out of its storage too. Needing portable storage, I bought this rolling sectioned trunk.  Hoped all my goods would fit. No dice. With 70+ eye palettes, it wasn't going to be happening.

I decided that if I could manage to fit all of my eye makeup/eye accessories in there, it would do. Then I got some Bday cash and went looking for a smaller case to hold all/most of my face products. This:

This one has wheels too, but also drawers!This one has wheels too, but also drawers!

So, I spent days re-working the two cases, fitting things into them in a way that worked for my daily use. Now pretty much all of my makeup fits into them, save for a small bag of seasonal shades I put away till Spring, some spare base products and a box of items from my Panning project (Panning Challenge 2021 in the Makeup Is Life forum), because I want to have them all portable as a set. Pics of filled cases and explanations below:

Top drawer of small caseTop drawer of small caseClose-up of top drawerClose-up of top drawermass drawer of lipsticks and glossesmass drawer of lipsticks and glossesFave lippies go in the stacked top drawer sectionsFave lippies go in the stacked top drawer sectionsMiddle drawer: Blushers, bronzers & highlightsMiddle drawer: Blushers, bronzers & highlightsBottom drawer: brushes etc.Bottom drawer: brushes etc.

The top drawer has two stacked sections that pull out at a slant, and that's where I've stored some of my current favorite lippies for easy access. The rest of lip collection is just plunked in the lowest section of the top drawer. Second drawer stores all of my blushers, bronzers, contours, highlights, face palettes. They're still stacked a bit, but not like they used to be, and this set makes switching up my weekly "makeup basket"  ten times faster & easier. Used to be such a chore. 

The bottom drawer of my "face'' case has bags of extra brushes, a few backup makeup items, some base products,a box of false lashes, and a couple of specialty items for stage wear, like the Vlada/Swarovski liner jewels and other sparkly stuff-- technically eye stuff, but I wanted my palettes to have all the space they needed in the other case. So:

Top of the eye case, my daily makeup drawersTop of the eye case, my daily makeup drawersMy daily makeup stuff, down for storageMy daily makeup stuff, down for storageInside the daily drawer, setup, top of caseInside the daily drawer, setup, top of caseSide section of daily drawerSide section of daily drawerother side sectionother side section

The top of the big rolling case opens out (pictured at top of this long post!), with stacking sides and a deep middle section. This is where I put all of my daily use makeup & tools, including the color cosmetics I swap out each week for a weekly "makeup basket" to rotate through my collection. On either side, I keep the blushers, eye palettes & base items I'm using that week. In the center are the constants: cups & tins of brushes, including a mug from my late sister that I use to hold my liners, concealer brush, etc in. They get laid down for storage but set up to use, and a box of weekly lippies and my eternal Pixi brow palette stay in there too. 

The next section can be accessed by lifting off the whole top. I keep all my singles except for my Z palette in there, along with small palettes/quads/duos, and empty palettes to make up my own quads/trios. There's a divider that came with the case and I liked how it worked out, but it is removable to make one big section if desired. 

MUFE mini palettes take up a lot of this sectionMUFE mini palettes take up a lot of this section

Last, The big fun, the bulk of my eye palettes. I have a lot of them still in a separate cute Tinkerbelll box within the big bottom section of this Eye case, the big palettes stored sideways, a Z palette of singles in a plastic bag to keep it safe, a pink vinyl bag of liners, mascaras and brow items, some small bags of small (mostly Colourpop) palettes that stack atop that stuff. The ABH Sultry Vault sets on top too. This felt the the best (for now) setup, but I still consider my storgae solutions a work-in-progress. It makes getting ready faster even when I need to lift off a section of the the Eye case.   Thanks for reading, hope this post doesn't bother anybody; it was initially generated by eyeshadow/palette use!

The big bottom section of eye case, filled to the brim. Maybe room for a few more palettes!The big bottom section of eye case, filled to the brim. Maybe room for a few more palettes!

I can’t wait until I get mine. Thanks for the inspiration!

@ShanShanMa85 -- Aw, you're welcome. Please let us know what you do with your case! I'm really enjoying and relying on mine; they solve a number of issues I had with my collection.

@heavyhedon you have those so organized!! 🙌

@lmaster -- and it took some doing. But just not having to pull something like 12 different boxes of stuff out to switch up my daily stash makes it worth the work.

IMG_20210311_132636061.jpg

IMG_20210311_134841333.jpg

IMG_20210311_134937635.jpg

IMG_20210311_135851325.jpg

IMG_20210311_134942114.jpg

Stunning look, @lmaster!! That shimmer!! 💚💖

Thank you sweet angel!! @haleyvvvv 💗😇

Lovely soft jade color 

@ShanShanMa85 thank you so much 🍀💚

@lmaster  Wow!!! That shade is so gorgeous 

Thank you so much @ather 💚🍀

@lmaster Ooh wow that is really pretty!

@Samtian thank you so so much!! 💚💋

Really pretty and fresh @lmaster ! Love the packaging on that palette, too.

Thank you so much @heavyhedon 💚🍀

What a stellar look!

Thank you so so much @jdorevsty 💗💚

31,952 Replies
testing