Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

100 Shades of Eyeshadow Challenge

Inspired by @Samtian 's new year's resolution and the 100 Days of Lipstick Challenge started by @snoflakefaerie ! I thought it would be fun to do the same thing with eyeshadows!!

I have so many eyeshadow shades I never wear!  The 100 days of lip challenge has really encouraged me to branch out! So I'm challenging myself (and whoever else wants to join) to use more of them. I'm going to try to make my way through my whole collection using different shades each day! Share some eye looks or swatches - whatever's easier! 

Spoiler

Tags:

Re: 100 Shades of Eyeshadow Challenge

😊 thanks, @ather!!!

Love those shades @haleyvvvv 

Thanks @lmaster!!

RE: Re: 100 Shades of Eyeshadow Challenge

That’s a beautiful look and a great idea!!! You should start a thread of using a one palette per week challenge! It would be really fun! @haleyvvvv

Re: RE: Re: 100 Shades of Eyeshadow Challenge

Thanks @idanyd!!! Definitely don't know if I want to start my own challenge thread, but this will be how I accomplish using the 100 shades.

@haleyvvvv  I've been trying to rotate mine pretty frequently as well. If you get boxycharm, it seems inevitable that you'll get a pretty massive collection of palettes.

@PrettyPaint So many palettes! But it is definitely stepping up my eye makeup game. So many colours I wouldn't gravitate to without getting it in a box so that's fun.

Very nice @haleyvvvv 👏 and I rotate mine each day lol.  

Thank you @2manyperfumes! I used to try to use something different everyday, but I was panicking each morning trying to pick something, making a mess of all of my palettes, and just ended up using a cream shadow for ease and never making it through any of them. So when I moved and lost a lot of shelf space (plus got a ton more palettes from my subscription boxes) this seemed like a good middle ground.

It’s hard to decide some mornings I totally agree.  I have some faves that I reach for often and others only when I’m in the mood. ❤️ Middle ground works for you.  How many palettes do you have out of curiosity ?  I have to count now that I’ve reorganized them.  

I don't know 😕 I should have counted when I last went through my makeup. I filled up a FFF box with them? So like, not the most, but not a little. @2manyperfumes 

I don’t think I have a lot but more than the average person that is not part of these threads lol - I’m amazed @haleyvvvv 🥰 I went from a one to two palettes and a few single shadow girl to a palette for every day of the month.  It took years.  I only had Urban Decay and KVD when I started getting into makeup and it suited my dark aesthetic preferences more than other brands.  Back then I never wore foundation or concealer.  My early 40s was long straight dark auburn hair.  

E9732D56-663C-4097-BD10-8187245A7A24.jpeg

@2manyperfumes  Omg!!!! 

Shortly after this @ather I went up another 60 pounds and it took several years later to slowly take it off.  The first thing I did when I finally started to make changes was throw out my scale.  I changed habits and stopped beating myself up.  The scale was not my friend - without it I didn’t get discouraged and just slow and steady.  I still don’t own a scale.  Lol 😂 

@2manyperfumes  That’s so smart!! I gained a lot of weight when I was home on mat leave and I’ve been slowly loosing it. I cheat on the weekends and I don’t deprive myself. But I should throw my scale out and be comfortable in my skin at any weight!!

Slow and steady @ather 🥰 - I don’t consider cheat days, we need to not care somedays.  It’s more important to feel good and healthy.  I know that after having twins at 38 I gained 80 pounds. 

What a journey, @2manyperfumes!!! Your look was amazing then and are amazing now!

Thank you @haleyvvvv ❤️ 

Off this topic @2manyperfumes I seen your art work on your YouTube video,,, so beautiful lady!! You are so talented

Thank you so much @lmaster 😘, I’m glad you liked the artwork.  I thought a bit of a back story would reveal where my love of colour and blending madness comes from lol.  Probably why I don’t have a lot of brushes.  Once an artist finds a good fit brush wise there’s no point they will re-use the same brushes over and over.  

RE: 100 Shades of Eyeshadow Challenge

The lime crime palette

31,956 Replies
testing