Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

100 Shades of Eyeshadow Challenge

Inspired by @Samtian 's new year's resolution and the 100 Days of Lipstick Challenge started by @snoflakefaerie ! I thought it would be fun to do the same thing with eyeshadows!!

I have so many eyeshadow shades I never wear!  The 100 days of lip challenge has really encouraged me to branch out! So I'm challenging myself (and whoever else wants to join) to use more of them. I'm going to try to make my way through my whole collection using different shades each day! Share some eye looks or swatches - whatever's easier! 

Spoiler

Tags:

Re: 100 Shades of Eyeshadow Challenge

This palette is a fun one 😍 @Samtian 🤩

@CynthieLu It looks like it!

Love it! @CynthieLu 

Thank you lady! 💗 @idanyd 

Ohhhh that's gorgeous!! @CynthieLu 

This palette is a dream @lmaster I can't find enough reasons to use it 😍😍😍

@CynthieLu  omg this is so pretty! Love the colors! 💜

@caitbird Thank you! 😊 The intensity on these shades makes me so happy

@CynthieLu that purple and pink combo is beautiful 🤩!

Thank you so much! @dimesandnichols

I got the idea and inspiration from @heartsmyface , I was trying for a slow transition like shades of light to dark pink to the purple... but I couldn't figure it out/get it to be what I wanted‌ 🙃

The end result, this fun looking bam of color ‌💜‌🩷 

@CynthieLu Gorgeous! How do you get such a clean line on the shadow?

@Mellmars1185 I'll tell you, I use tape. It's soo much easier, I use it for my eyeliner too, just on the bottom thou. And when I take the tape off everything looks so good. Whenever I try to do looks without my training wheels it's messy ‌😭‌‌😭‌ but I try every now again because I want to think I'm getting better at it ‌😆

So for this look tape on the bottom and the top I cleaned up with a damp q-tip. 

Than you can fix it up with concealer if you want but that can be tricky lol

I shamefully was using painters tape from around the house but bought #SEPHORA COLLECTION Makeup Tape incase it was better for my skin lol ‌😇

@CynthieLu Thanks for sharing. I tried doing this once with scotch tape and it was not pretty. Does this tape stick well to your skin?

The Glitch! I've tried writing this post too many times ‌‌😅‌‌ @Mellmars1185 

Painters tape is green, it sticks better to my skin than scotch tape ( I'm sure they are not recommended for the skin lol)

Kk it took so much practice and watching videos before I found one that I was able to do, but now I can get a pretty great wing.

I use tape along my bottom lash line only, I draw in reverse from the top of the wing than towards my last line. Starting along the tape and than slowly build it up. The reverse draw gets a good result for me.

I try alot of things and fail alot, and so many crazy looks that are just wrong but it's sooo fun to play around and figure it out. I have never been shown how to do make up, I wish I had astep by step teacher lol, my eyes are deep set and I have trouble doing anything in my creases and I think I don't have good control of my brush becuase precise application eludes me everytime ‌‌🤣‌‌

MTXX_MH20230211_085232116.jpg

A picture, the Green rectangle would be the tape and showing where I start drawing from, just follow the tape 🥰  

I reached for an old palette today to get this bold look. I don't think it's available anymore but it's the Morphe James Charles Palette. I also used the SEPHORA COLLECTION Retractable EyeBrow Pencil - Waterproof 06 Soft charcoal 

brown & baby blue.jpgbrown & baby blue 2.jpg

This look is spectacular @dimesandnichols! 😍😍😍

Thank you @Saradestin 💕

This is gorgeous @dimesandnichols 😊

Beautiful look! @dimesandnichols 

@idanyd thank you 💖