Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

100 Shades of Eyeshadow Challenge

Inspired by @Samtian 's new year's resolution and the 100 Days of Lipstick Challenge started by @snoflakefaerie ! I thought it would be fun to do the same thing with eyeshadows!!

I have so many eyeshadow shades I never wear!  The 100 days of lip challenge has really encouraged me to branch out! So I'm challenging myself (and whoever else wants to join) to use more of them. I'm going to try to make my way through my whole collection using different shades each day! Share some eye looks or swatches - whatever's easier! 

Spoiler

Tags:

Re: 100 Shades of Eyeshadow Challenge

Days 9 & 10: (, Car issues, no time for Pic on Friday of using Buxom White Russian on the Rocks palette again, so drew what I wore (exaggerated here) & swatched. The palest pink that doesn't swatch well here is really such a delicate, finely sparkling shade! Day 9Day 9eye challenge 002 (2).jpg

Day 10, another Sephora Collection mini, the Holographic Nudes.

Went a little Mod Squadpaleta-de-sombras-holographic-nudes-de-sephora-cosmetics-D_NQ_NP_878659-MLC40817157905_022020-F.jpgwith it. 

Tons o' linerTons o' linereye challenge1 002.jpg

too humid for false lashestoo humid for false lashes

Nice look, @heavyhedon!! And I like the sketch!!

Thanks @haleyvvvv. I used a UD pencil liner...

Definitely cool tones look good on you @heavyhedon 👍🥰 

Thank you @2manyperfumes. Cool tones are my go-to.

I love your sketch! And the bottom look is amazing! @heavyhedon 

Thanks @lmaster-- since i was born mid-60s I feel like it's my birthright to mess with 60s style. 

Haha! That's how I feel about the 80s @heavyhedon 😆

@lmaster The 80s were my salad days, so I keep them close to my heart as well. 

RE: 100 Shades of Eyeshadow Challenge

Messing around pre-shower. Me to myself in my best Regina George: “Stop trying to make Fata Morgana happen! It’s not going to happen!” I’ve really tried, y’all. No base, base, base with setting powder. Cheap brush, expensive brush. Blending, packing. I upped the contrast in the second photo so you can see what I’m working with. Natasha, girl...I love you, but I cannot get this shade to work for me.

Re: RE: 100 Shades of Eyeshadow Challenge

Lovely colors

@tastelikewater The color makes your eyes look turquoise!

@heavyhedon That's so kind of you to say, I just wish I could take credit! I dialed up the contrast setting in Photoshop Express just to highlight the consistency issues. 

Even in the first pic, there's a blue-green quality... I find that many shadow combos change the tone of my eyes, which are normally sort of dull denim blue.

Thats too bad that the shade is difficult to work with, @tastelikewater, because it's very pretty!!

This colour is beautiful on you @tastelikewater 🤩❤️, drats I’m surprised the blending was frustrating/ still a killer shade on you.  Can you blend out with a nude shade above the crease?  What palette is this from?

@2manyperfumes It's from Safari; all of the negative YT reviews I've seen mentioned this shade as particularly difficult, and now I get it. The palette is beautiful overall, but this one just gives me trouble. 

I attempted to blend it with Stone (the light grey) above the crease, but maybe next time I'll try a nude. It might also be time for me to find a single navy shade, because I love the look of a deep blue smoky eye but every attempt with this shade hasn't worked out.  Thanks for the feedback as always 😁

I wonder if it would work just as a outer corner shade @tastelikewater they are so beautiful in the pan too

@lmaster Unfortunately I think that's how I'll have to use it. It's so darn powdery that attempts to blend it seem to whisk it away completely! It's a shade that I have to stamp down and dip into two or three times to achieve opacity. 

@tastelikewater -- when a shade is powdery, I find that a good old-fashioned sponge-tip applicator sometimes works best; they grip and hold the powder in a way brushes can't.

There's a similar shade in ABH Subculture that I love but am worrie will behave the same-- matte teals and purples are the worst for blending.

RE: 100 Shades of Eyeshadow Challenge

I think there are some inconsistencies with a few shades based on batches. Mine actually works ok but I know a lot of people have issues. You are not alone.
1 Reply
testing