Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

100 Shades of Eyeshadow Challenge

Inspired by @Samtian 's new year's resolution and the 100 Days of Lipstick Challenge started by @snoflakefaerie ! I thought it would be fun to do the same thing with eyeshadows!!

I have so many eyeshadow shades I never wear!  The 100 days of lip challenge has really encouraged me to branch out! So I'm challenging myself (and whoever else wants to join) to use more of them. I'm going to try to make my way through my whole collection using different shades each day! Share some eye looks or swatches - whatever's easier! 

Spoiler

Tags:

RE: Re: RE: 100 Shades of Eyeshadow Challenge

Thank you! I’m just now learning how to really pack on eyeshadows to get the full color.

Re: 100 Shades of Eyeshadow Challenge

the Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette just fades away too quickly - so easy to work with but it doesn’t last - no matter what I do I can’t get it to retain its intensity- so only the gold, silver and matte brown are useable to me (anyone else have vanishing palettes ?) 

9F2FAADB-5DB6-4BE8-8E06-1CB122E00324.jpeg4A9C3404-3FBF-4431-A40F-E23D362D5774.jpegGoes on nicely, builds easily then poofGoes on nicely, builds easily then poofIt’s starts to fade and loses its intensityIt’s starts to fade and loses its intensity

@2manyperfumes Great look

@2manyperfumes  Darn. Sorry it’s not holding up for you. 

Thank you @ather 🥰, I have older palettes than the chocolate one but I had no issue with the silver shade I wore recently making me think there’s a bit of inconsistency in the formula with some shades.  

@2manyperfumes  I have the same palette and I love how buttery the formula is. But I don’t usually try and go for intense so I never noticed it. And I’m  a eye rubber so my eyes are smeared by lunch 😝 how long do you keep palettes? 

It is buttery @ather 😘 that is easy application.  I guess I like to pack it on intense and that is when it fails.  I keep them for years lol.  My oldest are the KVD monarch butterfly (warm palette) and Moondust by UD.

Oh my gosh! @2manyperfumes how long did it take to fade? I sure don't remember mine ever doing this 😯

It started to disappear in under an hour 😔 @lmaster , my daughter said her peach palette is the same just fades away too quickly.  

I'm going to have to pay more attention @2manyperfumes 

Hi @2manyperfumes ,

That's too bad! I love that palette and the shimmers seem to work really well on my eyes. This look is so pretty though! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

Thank you @JaneanBT ❤️, i believe you.  I’ve used other palettes that I hear don’t work and they work on me.  It’s very subjective and I have similar issues with Morphe.

@2manyperfumes These colors are so pretty, such a bummer they don't stay well. Have u tried applying a separate primer or concealer where the intense shades are being applied? I tend to do an eye primer and then carve out with concealer where I want the most intense shade and then pack it on! It seems to help 🙂

Best,
Rebecca

Thank you @RebeccaBT ❤️, I have applied a concealer but if I apply a second one where I want the intensity it becomes too textured. Now the silver shade, the matte works.  The green, purple, pink and copper fade.  Some last longer.  

A quieter Vida look today.  The olive matte shade was my base to go over top with that shimmery green and that bright red.  I used the lime green under the eye and added some khaki green liner to my waterline.

CE5547B8-C073-49C6-B97A-B43A029474A9.jpegD29E524A-866E-4D51-B6F6-711E03D5EAB5.jpegEFC57813-EFB5-46D7-BFAC-BD1A1233FFCC.jpeg63241BBA-B86D-4510-B2A9-38BDDA3BD056.jpeg

@2manyperfumes Gorgeous

RE: Re: 100 Shades of Eyeshadow Challenge

I love how beautifully you blend your colours

What a beautiful combo @2manyperfumes ! And the lippie is sensational! 

Thank you @MlleJuju 😘

@2manyperfumes  Really love this eye look!

Thank you @ather ❤️

1 Reply
testing