Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

100 Shades of Eyeshadow Challenge

Inspired by @Samtian 's new year's resolution and the 100 Days of Lipstick Challenge started by @snoflakefaerie ! I thought it would be fun to do the same thing with eyeshadows!!

I have so many eyeshadow shades I never wear!  The 100 days of lip challenge has really encouraged me to branch out! So I'm challenging myself (and whoever else wants to join) to use more of them. I'm going to try to make my way through my whole collection using different shades each day! Share some eye looks or swatches - whatever's easier! 

Spoiler

Tags:

Re: 100 Shades of Eyeshadow Challenge

@2manyperfumes This is such a pretty look! I'm also really loving your hair color!

Thank you so much @Samtian 😘

@2manyperfumes I'm loving this ice queen vibe!!

@2manyperfumes I'm loving this ice queen vibe!!

Re: @2manyperfumes I'm loving this ice queen vibe!!

Thank you @lmaster ❤️ The greens and blues are icy in this palette 👍

RE: 100 Shades of Eyeshadow Challenge

Glitter row & final thoughts... The glitter row is pretty good for glitter formula, minimal fallout, not too hard-pressed and easy to apply with very little mess. Ritual and Soothe were my least favorite glitter--it just looked so gritty on the lid...but, that could also be a look (ugh...now I'm getting ideas for a grungy editorial glam look--hahah, I digress...). The other glitter shades, however, look like wet metal. Right now, this is being marketed as "sophisticated", "glitter for adults", I'd disagree. It's glitter. If you picked up a drug store brand like Pixi's glitter quads, there's no difference. It's glitter. You'll feel it in your lids if you're not used to it. Sophisticated glitter to me is the texture you'd find in VR and Astral shades from Pat McGrath (swatches below). I know PMG is probably more of a celestial texture/ shade, but it's got the same look. Plus the vehicle in which Pat's formula delivers her interpretation of glitter texture is so comfortable on your eyes. Comfort without skipping a beat on glam is sophistication to me personally. The only caveat with Pat McGrath is that it comes with a price. Update on the Matte - I've been working with the mattes this week, the only matte that gave me some slight issue was the plum matte or Poet. I'd use a powdery base like ABH primer OR concealer, then set it with a regular setting powder (don't use Aura as your powdery base) and lightly build your color from there. Final thoughts...over all I do like the palette. I picked this up because I'm scheduled to do makeup for a vegan bride, we've been doing her test session this week and we're looking at different options. But to say that it's a good everyday palette it might be a mislead for a beginner. An every day palette is effortless, easy to blend and foolproof. There's a lot of texture in here, hence the name "Textures Vol 1", and even the mattes require some trick. Once you get the hang of the textures, you're good to go. I think if you're a fan of Tati, you'll love this regardless--nothing wrong with it, I'm a fan as well. If you are vegan--I'd rate this a 9 out of 10. If you've been collecting makeup and looking at picking this up, it might fall short of your expectations because everyone is describing this as "buttery, and creamy" and when you compare it to everything else in your collection, you'll find that might not be true. It's not a dis on the brand, I'm saying this is a great vegan/cruelty free formula. If you decide to pick this up, just know it's going to take some elbow grease but your final look will always be two thumbs up. The fact that I'm even comparing this to Pat McGrath is a compliment. Let me know what you think if you decided to add this to your collection.

RE: 100 Shades of Eyeshadow Challenge

This is an awesome look!!! I didn’t pick this up I like glitter but I don’t use it often so I decided to pass on it since I would not be using a whole row of the palette. It’s a very beautiful palette @thatjedininja

Re: RE: 100 Shades of Eyeshadow Challenge

@thatjedininja  Such beautiful colours! 

@thatjedininja thanks for the thorough review! I have the Pixi glitter quads and plenty of eyeshadow palettes so I definitely don't need this. Do you think because they're marketing to their viewers and therefore (likely) more experienced makeup users these new eyeshadow palettes aren't as easy as other palettes? 

@makeitup305  I don't think so--and this is opinion only. I think Tati is targeting both new buyers and followers. I personally never buy anything unless I can swatch it in person or see a few reviews and I can't imagine new buyers not doing the same. Most large brands and new make up brands will always target new buyers (PMG and ND are great at doing this through their minis) or moving into skin care (Colourpop is starting to do the same thing with Fourth Ray). I think Tati is being smart, she's capturing new buyers now with a base neutral palette (at a reasonable cost to her and her buyers) and these buyers will expand their collection as she also expands her brand.   I'm just offering a different perspective from someone who bought the palette with their own coin.  

this is a gorgeous look @thatjedininja

this is a gorgeous look @thatjedininja

Re: this is a gorgeous look @thatjedininja

@lmaster @DaneeBT  Thank you ladies!!! 

Such a gorgeous shade on you @thatjedininja 😍❤️ I know what  you mean about texture though.  I like the Moondust UD formulas because they are smooth and more foiled.  The ABH loose glitter and the Stila ones not my faves.  Really like how the colours look on you though.  The only indie glitters I’ve tried have been from Menagerie, Colourpop and Notoriously Morbid.  I’m not a fan of too much texture at all.  

@2manyperfumes  I agree! If I personally ever use glitter it would just be in a small corner of my eyes.  These definitely feel like the Colourpop ones, but the formula is slightly different--still the same look and feeling. 

I know @thatjedininja , glitter all over the eye lid is more night time going out kind of thing.  During the day and at work I prefer a less chunkier shimmer/glitter.  Like the Stila ones or BH has some beautiful shimmers too.  I have the Huda ones but I don’t reach for them often.  

Wow! I love that wing and this entire look @thatjedininja!

The last palette from I❤️Revolution, Cranberries and Chocolate.  The mattes are very pigmented and deep.  

181E656C-E3D1-4ABE-8E7C-924726D58A50.jpeg0B6C8700-00F9-423B-AE2B-B27CFE8CE2C2.jpegD4F7B7DF-1F73-4366-BEC2-24EAE4CA52B6.jpeg25448884-74CC-4D42-B5A1-C72954B32E6C.jpeg1FA91F12-A4F9-41EC-ADDA-4F870CC143FE.jpeg 

@2manyperfumes  Beautiful look. Are the shadows nice and smooth to work with? They look like they are. 

Thank you @ather ❤️, yes the shadows are very consistent, buildable and smooth.  Very easy to work with.  

@2manyperfumes  ahhh! you look gorgeous! I love the color story you went with today--plus the lipstick! perfecto!

Aww thank you so much @thatjedininja ❤️ I’m loving this brand.  Sigh so many palettes so little $ 

Hi @2manyperfumes ,

So pretty! The inner corner highlight is so pretty! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

testing