Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

100 Shades of Eyeshadow Challenge

Inspired by @Samtian 's new year's resolution and the 100 Days of Lipstick Challenge started by @snoflakefaerie ! I thought it would be fun to do the same thing with eyeshadows!!

I have so many eyeshadow shades I never wear!  The 100 days of lip challenge has really encouraged me to branch out! So I'm challenging myself (and whoever else wants to join) to use more of them. I'm going to try to make my way through my whole collection using different shades each day! Share some eye looks or swatches - whatever's easier! 

Spoiler

Tags:

Re: RE: 100 Shades of Eyeshadow Challenge

@thatjedininja great look!

Thank you! @Krysa13 

I'm loving your eye makeup @thatjedininja!

@DaneeBT  Thank you! I just started playing with this palette today and I friggin love it.

Re: 100 Shades of Eyeshadow Challenge

I know that the golds are popular right now, but I just can't wear them anymore. With age comes crepey lids, undereye wrinkles and everything else crappy about aging. That being said, I am 50 this next birthday. Sigh!!! My skin, overall, isn't "THAT' bad, but my eyes are horrendous!!! I have hazel eyes, leaning toward green and amber and golds used to look fabulous on me 20 years ago. Now it just looks like I am 65 rather than 49 when I try the golds out now. I need a gold shadow line or palette that is not shimmer, sparkle or chrome, leaning more toward the matte golds. I mean, I can get away with a little, but what has come out this fall is just NOT it for me. any suggestions ladies and gents?? I am sure I am not the only one left wondering what is available for us 50 and fabulous gals.

Matte creamy shadows might be an option @kel70 ๐Ÿ˜Š, I have a few from NYX, a yellow from Menagerie Cosmetics and the ND Gold palette.  Melt Cosmetics has some grungy matte mustard shades.  Iโ€™m turning 54 and I have a lot of laugh lines above my cheeks.  

@kel70  Try a satin, cream to powder or cream to matte formula. If you like high end, ND Metropolis actually has some excellent formulas.  The golds are creamier so it sits nicely on the skin, regardless of texture.  Part of the issue is the reflex, not necessarily your skin, so you'll need some golds that are muted, not necessarily matte (because if it's pure matte, it swims in the territory of mustard, which is not really gold). Some alternatives to ND, would be the Lorac Unzipped (Gold palette), these have nice cream to powder shimmers gold family shimmers that are muted.  Lorac is super pigmented though so you'll need to go in with a light hand.  Revlon has a Cream Color Stay Eyeshadow has some good formulas (again go lightly)...Caramel, Cognac, Creme Brulee are great muted golds, and these can double as liner as well, Honey would be a good deep gold to line with over matte shadow. These are easy to use, just dab lightly with your finger over a matte shade.  Bobbi Brown Shimmer Wash is also great because they're a bit more sheer, so again, it'll have less reflex and you get a great pop of gold--Champagne, Stone and Petal.  Hope this helps. 

Thanks so much!! I am going to check these out right now! The UD Naked Honey Palette is just gorgeous and I was sorely tempted to pick it up, but I know it won't work for me, so I will definitely take your advice!! Thanks again.

RE: Re: 100 Shades of Eyeshadow Challenge

๐Ÿ‘‹ hello! There are some eyeshadow singles you can try from MAC; Makeup Geek; and Devinah Cosmetics (Devinah cosmetics has great quality shadows and you can build your own palette). I know they are on the more yellow than golden but here are some examples of golden yellow eyeshadows that are on the matte-ish side. I really hope this helps

Re: RE: Re: 100 Shades of Eyeshadow Challenge

Love all these yellows @idanyd ๐Ÿ‘ Devinah is very pretty 

Wow! Some great choices. Thanks so much for posting these.

Today I took out some of my single shadows.  

Mustard brown shade by Melt (Rubbish)

MAC (legendary Lure)

NYX (moneymaker) copper glitter pigment by NYX

73E03F13-BD44-41F1-B034-E58180C2C834.jpegED9FCA38-D580-4D3A-B263-FD98335DE1A1.jpeg5527FCAE-0D08-4E0C-A4A6-77B6425DE4C7.jpegAE5B7E07-2320-4315-8473-E019C6C28E42.jpeg3A607BB6-F479-41E2-976E-04D74F6C3D5F.jpeg

I love the way this turned out!!!

@2manyperfumes  another super glam look! Love both the shadow and the lip, that's a really classy combo. 

Thank you @Krysa13 ๐Ÿ˜˜

so fabulous @2manyperfumes

so fabulous @2manyperfumes

Re: so fabulous @2manyperfumes

Thank you @lmaster ๐Ÿ˜˜

Makeup is gorgeous! Love that nyx greeny shade!! Stunning poison apple bottle!! @2manyperfumes

Thank you @idanyd ๐Ÿฅฐ sometimes the lighting itโ€™s hard to capture the green, brown and grey with a bit of orange.  The candle poison apple was from Winners ($7.99) smells great.  

@2manyperfumes  this energy is so glam grunge! Beautiful combo on you, you look gorgeous!

testing