Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

100 Shades of Eyeshadow Challenge

Inspired by @Samtian 's new year's resolution and the 100 Days of Lipstick Challenge started by @snoflakefaerie ! I thought it would be fun to do the same thing with eyeshadows!!

I have so many eyeshadow shades I never wear!  The 100 days of lip challenge has really encouraged me to branch out! So I'm challenging myself (and whoever else wants to join) to use more of them. I'm going to try to make my way through my whole collection using different shades each day! Share some eye looks or swatches - whatever's easier! 

Spoiler

Tags:
Anonymous Insider

Re: RE: 100 Shades of Eyeshadow Challenge

The greens look great @KehDee  really pretty look 

RE: Re: RE: 100 Shades of Eyeshadow Challenge

Thank you @Anonymous

@KehDee, I think your makeup looks excellent. Your shadow...

@KehDee, I think your makeup looks excellent. Your shadows look blended, nice eyeliner and your mascara looks great. 👍That's why I love the threads on this forum!

RE: @KehDee, I think your makeup looks excellent. Your shadow...

Thank you! That really means a lot to me 🙂 @Luvstravel

Very pretty @KehDee!

Thanks!!

@KehDee This is such a pretty look on you. I love how curled and defined your eyelashes look. No makeup look is complete without mascara. <333

Thank you. I’m very lucky to have naturally awesome eyelashes lol

If a shadow isn’t as pigmented as it is in the pan (use a white eyelid primer) the colour will show up more intense (vice versa) if it’s a dark colour use a dark lid primer or a black matte shadow under a shimmer or sparkly dark shade.  I learn a lot from these young MUAs. ❤️ (YouTube) 

Thanks so much for the tip!! I’ve been using urban decay primer, that’s all I have right now but I’ll put something else on my shopping list. Any recommendations @2manyperfumes ?

Re: RE: Re: RE: 100 Shades of Eyeshadow Challenge

Everyone’s skin is so different I would hate to recommend something that doesn’t pan out for you.  I like the NYX eyeshadow primers,  cost is low and they work well on me.  Mac fix plus spray is great for brushes and pick up pigmented etc, I found a Marc Jacobs eye concealer in a jar and I use it to prime my lids with deeper tones.  Try the least $ first to see if they work for you.  The eyeshadow primer should remain slightly tacky.  Don’t get it passed your eyelids if you have texture or wrinkles like me lol not pretty trust me 😂 if it dries it won’t hold that shadow so you need a bit of stick.  

Awww I’m glad you are trying all sorts of new shades.  I can see the soft shimmery green and with that lipshade it looks great.  Classic, springtime - fresh 👍❤️

Thank you 🙂 it goes with my outfit today and I love the spring feeling

Re: 100 Shades of Eyeshadow Challenge

Day 62.jpg

62- KVD- Nile, TF- Divinity. I finally buckled and had to use it. I don't like it. It was very patchy and hard to put on. This is with no primer or anything, and I only did one eye ahahaha. As you can see I had some fall out and it kinda spread around. But finally the KVD Serpentina palette is done. Up next UD Vice.

KVD Serpentina After.jpg

UD Vice Before.jpg

I do see the fallout @Samtian but the lid color is beautiful

I do see the fallout @Samtian but the lid color is beautiful

Beautiful palettes and I love the intense blue sapphire eye @Samtian .  Fallout grrr Mac fix plus and primer (the Huda electric palette) does that too me (makes it look like I have bruises under my eyes).  I even have to set it after I’m done with setting spray.  I love the Serpentina palette but I missed out on it.  The anniversary one has similar shades so I picked up that one.  

@2manyperfumesBruises oh man that sucks! I got this one due to fomo and tried to get all the ones she kept releasing lol.

I know the FOMO feeling @Samtian lol.  My list gets longer instead of shorter 😱

RE: Re: 100 Shades of Eyeshadow Challenge

Lovely!

Re: RE: Re: 100 Shades of Eyeshadow Challenge

@KehDee  Thank you!

@Samtian, thanks for showing off an eye 😉 It actually is...

@Samtian, thanks for showing off an eye 😉 It actually is a very nice color, but completely understand when you don't like something. On to the next, as you stated.
1 Reply
testing