Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

100 Shades of Eyeshadow Challenge

Inspired by @Samtian 's new year's resolution and the 100 Days of Lipstick Challenge started by @snoflakefaerie ! I thought it would be fun to do the same thing with eyeshadows!!

I have so many eyeshadow shades I never wear!  The 100 days of lip challenge has really encouraged me to branch out! So I'm challenging myself (and whoever else wants to join) to use more of them. I'm going to try to make my way through my whole collection using different shades each day! Share some eye looks or swatches - whatever's easier! 

Spoiler

Tags:

Re: 100 Shades of Eyeshadow Challenge

It’s a beautiful burnt shade @Samtian ❤️ I don’t know if you are already doing this and the formula just sucks but I use the NYX shimmer eyelid primer /base.  I put it on with a brush (leaves a soft white shimmer that powders and shadows stick too.  Then I mist my packing brush and pick up a good amount of shadow on the brush and pat it on instead of brushing.  I use a blending brush just around the edges to smooth out any that might of bone passed the lid.  Like a fade out.  Some formulas will not blend if you brush them on at all.  They are a pain in the butt.  They go blotchy.  For what’s it worth I thought I’d share this tip because the colour is wonderful but you shouldn’t have to suffer to try to blend it.  🥰

@2manyperfumes  Thanks for the tip! Usually I use primers and what not. I'm just sitting around home today and wanted to just hurry and test these to get them out of the way haha. I do have a blending brush...but never actually thought to put the shadows on with it...haha.

You’re welcome @Samtian  I found the stickier primers work better on my dry skin lol.  I saw the packing brush or fingertip application on YouTube.  I hate throwing things away and my stubborn nature puts up a fight to win the blending battle.  

I tried to find the NYX primer, @2manyperfumes with no success!! Stores have a bunch of eyeshadows and brushes but no eye primer. 😫I have a dry skin too and I find that the UD primer that so many people like doesn't fully work for me. I used to buy the Victoria's secret eye primer which was awesome. But they don't have makeup anymore... 

@MlleJuju it’s the shimmery white pearl NYX eye primer comes in three shades (white, shimmer pearl, deep) these are great and they are $10/ea / there is also the primer for loose pigment in the tube.  I checked NYX Cosmetics online.  

@MlleJuju I bought the primer at my local Shoppers Drug Mart from the NYX counter but I’ve seen it in the NYX store at the mall.  It’s a small white tub like a single shadow and there are 2 formulas (shimmer and I think matte).  The UD doesn’t work on me either.  If I find a photo I’ll post it.  

Many thanks @2manyperfumes ! 

@Samtian I love that shade. I use it in my crease sometimes or on my lower lashline for a little pop!

Best,

Rebecca

That looks great @Samtian!

What a surprise another cold and rainy day.  It’s so dark outside yuck!  I’m still trying out my new eyeshadows from Menagerie and Notoriously Morbid.  Wow they are pretty intense.  Going for a fave choice of purples and greens.  Mostly green because I can’t help myself,  The emerald green shimmer is crazy intense (foil).  You do have to prime your lids and use a packing brush to get full on Christmas wrapping paper intensity 😂 

The green foil single by Notoriously MorbidThe green foil single by Notoriously Morbid7A95370D-AB08-4CD2-A12B-BF9869FE288F.jpeg8BD1A8C6-5323-4334-B81E-06101FE68884.jpeg

Love this look

RE: Re: 100 Shades of Eyeshadow Challenge

Green scares me so much but you really rock it and make me feel like it’s worth a shot!
Anonymous Insider

Gorgeous @2manyperfumes 

Thanks @Anonymous ❤️

RE: Re: 100 Shades of Eyeshadow Challenge

That look is absolutely stunning!!! That green is gorgeous!!!

Re: RE: Re: 100 Shades of Eyeshadow Challenge

Thank you @idanyd ❤️ I love greens 

That looks gorgeous @2manyperfumes!

love this look @2manyperfumes

love this look @2manyperfumes

Re: love this look @2manyperfumes

Thank you @lmaster  and @faeriegirl  ❤️

Today I pulled out one of my Lime Crime Venus palettes.  I have two of them.  The grungy one is my favourite although I’ve used the other one more in the past.  I coordinated my look to pick up the colours in my top.

0C80222C-DB45-4AC1-9613-D37E778067FB.jpeg5E66A472-5097-4739-AA40-1936528EE27C.jpeg5A564698-9A7C-40A3-9EE9-898133DD5220.jpegED42FA66-C937-409A-A928-BD72B96484CB.jpeg

So pretty 

testing