Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

100 Shades of Eyeshadow Challenge

Inspired by @Samtian 's new year's resolution and the 100 Days of Lipstick Challenge started by @snoflakefaerie ! I thought it would be fun to do the same thing with eyeshadows!!

I have so many eyeshadow shades I never wear!  The 100 days of lip challenge has really encouraged me to branch out! So I'm challenging myself (and whoever else wants to join) to use more of them. I'm going to try to make my way through my whole collection using different shades each day! Share some eye looks or swatches - whatever's easier! 

Spoiler

Tags:
Anonymous Insider

Re: 100 Shades of Eyeshadow Challenge

Great look @divaknits 

Thanks @Anonymous!

another lovely look @divaknits - those shades look great on you

Thanks @Kim888! Iโ€™m enjoying the eyeshadow challenge. Itโ€™ll help me get better at applications if I do it most days. 

@divaknits happy to hear the NARS is working for you! those colors are really popping now - i LOVE the mix of shades you used in this look. you can already tell how much your skills are improving. this is so awesome!! ETA - definitely not too much red!

Thanks @cianni! I canโ€™t help it. I wear so much red on my lips it just seems to gravitate towards my eyes. ๐Ÿ˜„ Iโ€™d really like a pretty blue though. I found a Lโ€™Orรฉal at Ulta for $1 (Yes, youโ€™re reading correctly!) on clearance. For now, though, I think Iโ€™ll try some colors from my Soft Glam palette next. 

I've been slacking on the pictures but not the eyeshadows too much. Yesterday was CP Just My Luck, and HUDA BEAUTY - Obsessions Eyeshadow Palette - Emeraldthe day before. I love green shadow and I'm so happy it's been a trend. I've been trying to go through all my CP singles so I also used a few of those this week. I can't exactly remember what shades I tried, they were just kind of meh so I'll probably pass those on. 

Love this emerald palette.  

@makeitup305 Iโ€™ve got the Huda Obsessions Emerald Palette too. I havenโ€™t gotten around to using it yet, but Iโ€™m pretty sure Iโ€™ll like it. 

@divaknits i'm a sucker for green!

Day 15 Smashbox L.A. Covershot Eye Pallet. From last week. I tried to do a lighter hand and blend it better so its not too harsh in the crease. I think I succeeded in that goal, but it took me half an hr ๐Ÿ˜ž

I forgot to return an extra brush I bought at the 20% sale on sale so I re-purposed it for eyeshadow instead of contouring. I used the Sephora collection #80 contour brush to blend and January's weekly wow, Pro AllOver shadow brush #12 to pat it on. I really wanted it to look purple but the dark purple color has been the most disappointing in this pallet. It doesnt show the purple and I really packed it in on the edge of the lid. The overall theme seems to be more grey than purple. It still looks good and only one bad color out of all of them is pretty good. The 1st quad on the left is the last full on look for this pallet. Later, i will stick to Tarte pro remix for a while. What do you guys think? Should this be blended more so its a softer crease? What do you recommend to make it softer? IMG_20190312_154703.jpgIMG_20190312_154834.jpg20190308_131454.jpgsb15.jpg

@Buootiful Pretty!

Best,

Rebecca

@Buootiful  Looks great, I like dark creases though. Sad that it doesn't look purple though.

@Buootiful missed this face!!! Bummer about the purple pulling more grey, but the look is still nice and cohesive! I think the blending looks great, but if I want to soften something without totally buffing it out by overly blending, Iโ€™ll use a light tapping of the shade universal from my Morphe 35O2 (the top left corner shade if memory serves). I donโ€™t know if that shade is available in other palettes or if you have it, but itโ€™s the most bland non-color of all time and works perfectly to blend out lines without totally eliminating the other shade or manipulating the color

Hello my lovely @cianni !! Thanks, I never thought to use  a neutral shade. Im gonna checkout that color/pallet and see if i have a similar shade. You are the best!

love this eye look @Buootiful ๐Ÿคฉ

love this eye look @Buootiful ๐Ÿคฉ

Re: love this eye look @Buootiful ๐Ÿคฉ

Thanks, its a great compliment coming from you @lmaster ๐Ÿ˜Š

This eye look,, was a fail from what I was hoping for, but not a total disaster.IMG_20190311_125946979.jpg

IMG_20190311_133017998.jpg

IMG_20190311_133024640.jpg

Spoiler
Clearly the ByTerry palette is hard to use by itself, this is only the second time I've used it, and boy is it powdery. The colors on the outside are barely pigmented at all. I used both yellow shades and both pink shades...lol where did they go?? Lol used the cailyn glitter and mally eyeshadow stick on the entire lid, it's barely there after just an hour. I'll try them all again. Just terrible fall out from ByTerry.
Anonymous Insider

It looks lovely @lmaster  You always do such a great job. I try to copy your looks sometimes but never have the success you do

@femman I really like the beginner tutorials she does, sh...

@Anonymous I really like the beginner tutorials she does, she talks so softly also, relaxes me ๐Ÿ˜‰

Thanks so much @Anonymous  trust me sweetness, practice practice and more practice, blending and blending. The size of your brushes impact the look tremendously as well. Have you ever watched the makeup chair on YouTube? She's very good at explaining slowly and has some beautiful looks.

testing