Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

100 Shades of Eyeshadow Challenge

Inspired by @Samtian 's new year's resolution and the 100 Days of Lipstick Challenge started by @snoflakefaerie ! I thought it would be fun to do the same thing with eyeshadows!!

I have so many eyeshadow shades I never wear!  The 100 days of lip challenge has really encouraged me to branch out! So I'm challenging myself (and whoever else wants to join) to use more of them. I'm going to try to make my way through my whole collection using different shades each day! Share some eye looks or swatches - whatever's easier! 

Spoiler

Tags:

thank you sweetness 😘😘 @femman

thank you sweetness 😘😘 @Anonymous

RE: 100 Shades of Eyeshadow Challenge

If I could only wear one color family, I think it would be rusts and coppers. I don’t know why I love them so much, but they speak to me! UD Born to Run in Rift, Punk, Double Life, Ignite, and Stranded.

Re: RE: 100 Shades of Eyeshadow Challenge

@tastelikewater ,

Rusts and coppers complement your eye color better than anything!  They are opposite your eye color on the color wheel!

@tastelikewater  Just gorgeous !! Now that you have ND Gold also, how would you compare bronze/copper in this to the similar shades in UD Born to run?

@naturalooks15 The Gold palette is truly gold, no coppery shades. Between the two palettes, none of them are dupes for each other! 

@tastelikewater  Thanks. Which one do you like better for formula/application?

@naturalooks15 I’ve only used the ND once, but it’s hands-down the winner. I’ve never had an easier time creating a dimensional look with only one swipe/press into the pan. The only thing the UD palette has in its favor, from a formula/application perspective, is no glitter fallout. There’s at least one shade on the Gold palette that will probably necessitate a primer or glitter glue. 

I will continue to use and love Born to Run because it’s so versatile and fun, but Gold is a very special palette, and I now fully understand why people are obsessed with her.

oh that's beautiful @tastelikewater

oh that's beautiful @tastelikewater

Re: oh that's beautiful @tastelikewater

Thanks @lmaster! I normally don’t bother to do my inner corner, but now I see how it makes a difference.

Hi @tastelikewater ,

I think it’s So important to do the inner corner, always makes everything Pop!

❤️‘S, SuzieQ. 

Oh it definitely does @tastelikewater  I have a hard time determining what color to highlight my eye with 😂

Anonymous Insider

That’s because those colors look fabulous on you  @tastelikewater 

You’re so kind @Anonymous, thank you.

@tastelikewater  So pretty!  Do you have any eyeshadow recs for someone like me, who wants to dip their toe into bronzes/coppers?  

Hi @greeneyedgirl107 , 

Natasha Denona - Gold, would be your best bet! That’s why I didn’t like it, I was looking for Golds & to me that palette is WAY more bronzes/coppers, if that’s what you’re looking for, I think you’d love it!

@tastelikewater , I’m so happy you like your Natasha Denona - Gold Palette, see what I mean, it is more of a depending what colors you’re looking for!  I was looking more for lighter Golds!

❤️‘S, SuzieQ. 

@SuzieQJ Thanks for weighing in!  I've considered that one, but the price is a little high for me for shades that I'm no accustomed to wearing.  Maybe someday!  🙂

Hi @greeneyedgirl107 ,

Hi!  Some of these I do realize you have seen, however in case it helps someone else, I’m just going to put it all here.  I realize that you also know about the full PAT MCGRATH Bronze eyeshadow line, but I’m going to add 2, 1, is one I have & 1 is mostly bronzes:

Too Faced - Chocolate Gold

PAT MCGRATH- MTHRSHP, Sublime bronze ambition (mostly Bronzes)

PAT MCGRATH - MTHRSHP, Subversive Metalmorphosis (the one I have)

Violet Voss - Fun Sized Mini - Creme Brûlée 

Violet Voss - Hashtag Pro - (this one I didn’t know about which is interesting as it also has a bunch of purple/violets, and since I also have true Green Eyes, I am now interested in it too).

Smashbox Cover Shot Eye Palettes - color is - Major Metals

NARS - Atomic Blonde Eye & Face 

- there was another Nars one however I am not exactly sure how bronze or copper you want it to be, also I am not sure if you’re also interested in singles or what else. 

So far these are my best finds other than Natasha Denona - Gold Palette. 

I hope this helps???

🍀, SuzieQ. 

@SuzieQJ THANKS!  I can't wait to look into all of these!  🙂

Hi @greeneyedgirl107 , 

No problem, I actually found the Violet Voss Hastag Pro Palette, only because I was looking & I really like all the purples/violets that are in it, I will probably get it & now I know about it, to recommend it, someone recently was wondering about a palette with purples, I should let her know too!

❤️‘S, SuzieQ. 

Hi @greeneyedgirl107 ,

I was just adding it and it popped on Violet Voss - Like a Boss Pro & it’s really awesome too!!!

❤️‘S, SuzieQ. 

Hi @greeneyedgirl107 ,

I will help you look. 😊

Suz

testing