Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

100 Shades of Eyeshadow Challenge

Inspired by @Samtian 's new year's resolution and the 100 Days of Lipstick Challenge started by @snoflakefaerie ! I thought it would be fun to do the same thing with eyeshadows!!

I have so many eyeshadow shades I never wear!  The 100 days of lip challenge has really encouraged me to branch out! So I'm challenging myself (and whoever else wants to join) to use more of them. I'm going to try to make my way through my whole collection using different shades each day! Share some eye looks or swatches - whatever's easier! 

Spoiler

Tags:

Re: 100 Shades of Eyeshadow Challenge

@cianni I'm all about shimmer too, but you pull this off beautifully. Very clever to use it in your brows as well! 

Anonymous Insider

Fabulous @cianni  You and this look are so pretty 

@cianni I need to get back into the groove!! the weather...

@cianni I need to get back into the groove!! the weather is about to break and kids will be back in school, then it's on!!! 😘😘😘 you look marvelous sugar!

Re: @cianni I need to get back into the groove!! the weather...

@lmaster Your look today pulled out all the stops!! 🤩

Re: @cianni I need to get back into the groove!! the weather...

@cianni thanks so much 🤗😚☺️

@cianni This looks great on you! I love all the fun stuff but when in a hurry I love a little bronzer or matte eyeshadow on the lid for a more complete look 🙂

Best,
Rebecca

Yeah, youre right @cianni It's a good neutral eye look but a pop of that shimmer would enhance that look 1000% And, your brows look so natural, so it's really good for that purpose 🙂

@Buootiful  Hehe thank you! I don’t have the skills to do an “instagram brow” so natural works for me 😂😂

Finally getting to post another look using Bare Minerals Bare Metals. I like their shadows and they rarely are mentioned here on the BIC.  I used the shade Sugar Cookie over the entire eyelid. Then Ball Gown on the lid and Stellar in the crease and outer corner. I also used it to line the eye. The Stellar shade came off looking  little darker than I anticipated, but still liked this for everyday look.20190125_135151.jpg

20190125_135157.jpg

those are pretty colors together! @yankeefaithful

those are pretty colors together! @yankeefaithful

RE: 100 Shades of Eyeshadow Challenge

Polar Vortex Look 2, shades 64-67: Soooooo we’re gonna label this a FAIL 😂 Tried a cut crease for the first time with a color I’ve never touched (Cleopatra from Nubian 2), and I just don’t like it. Not the blend, not the color, not the inner corner, nada! At least I got through four more shades: Cleopatra, Madagascar, Morocco, Zuri.

Re: RE: 100 Shades of Eyeshadow Challenge

I think this looks fabulous!! @tastelikewater  Maybe youre not used to the color yet. Oh, so jealous of your eyelid to pull that color off. With a red lip, Im sure it will blow you away, lol 🙂 I love it!!! ❤️ If I could add 2 more hearts to your post, I would.

@Buootiful You are far too kind, thank you! I might have to look up tutorials on how else to use that color, maybe as an accent instead of all over the lid. 

Anonymous Insider

I really like this blue on you @tastelikewater 

@Anonymous Thank you! I personally don't like it on myself, but they can't all be winners 🙂

RE: 100 Shades of Eyeshadow Challenge

Polar vortex = two days off = lots of free time. I was inspired by Angelica Nyqvist’s recent video, and while I don’t have exact dupe shades, it’s a similar idea. I’d never wear this outside, but it’s fun to play! Shades 61-63. Born to Run in Baja, Hell Ride, and Wildheart, Bad Habit Athena in Epic.

love you are going out of your comfort zone! @tastelikewa...

love you are going out of your comfort zone! @tastelikewater you might not wear it out, but you might find a couple shades you could work with on regular days 😍

Re: love you are going out of your comfort zone! @tastelikewa...

@lmaster The two fuchsia shades (Hell Ride and Wildheart) are beautiful, but I haven't yet figured out how to make them more wearable for every day. Working on it!

@tastelikewater I like how you took what for most people would be 100000% unwearable and turned it into something more manageable 😂😍😍 half of the tutorials on YouTube are definitely looks I could never ever wear anywhere haha. Your eyes are poppin in that purple shade! Gorgeous 

@cianni Thank you! I have no idea when I'd wear this in public, but you never know! The shimmers and duochromes in the Athena palette make my heart flutter ❤️

Anonymous Insider

You did a great job. It’s pretty cool. Have fun. And stay warm. @tastelikewater 

testing