Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

100 Shades of Eyeshadow Challenge

Inspired by @Samtian 's new year's resolution and the 100 Days of Lipstick Challenge started by @snoflakefaerie ! I thought it would be fun to do the same thing with eyeshadows!!

I have so many eyeshadow shades I never wear!  The 100 days of lip challenge has really encouraged me to branch out! So I'm challenging myself (and whoever else wants to join) to use more of them. I'm going to try to make my way through my whole collection using different shades each day! Share some eye looks or swatches - whatever's easier! 

Spoiler

Tags:
Anonymous Insider

Re: 100 Shades of Eyeshadow Challenge

This is just gorgeous. @XxAudreyxX  You’re so pretty. Great look. 

Re: 100 Shades of Eyeshadow Challenge

I haven't been able to take photos lately, with my yellow lighting they just don't show up. I should have taken one from last night, I thought it was really pretty!

Smashbox After.jpg

Day 25- Smashbox- Wheat, Sunrise, Nectar
Day 26- Smashbox- Flamingo, Delirious, Rustic

RE: 100 Shades of Eyeshadow Challenge

I was sick all of last week but felt well enough to wear makeup this week! Shadows #2-4 are from the card below. I was totally unable to use one shade (Scented Candle. Maybe it was too upset by the terrible name to come off the card) which was quite the disappointment.

I remember that sample! I ended up buying tahitian pearl...

I remember that sample! I ended up buying tahitian pearl because of that! @michelleshops (I really do have alot of eyeshadow🙄😜)

Re: I remember that sample! I ended up buying tahitian pearl...

Tahitian Pearl is pretty and fairly unique.  I was impressed!  I can't complain too much about Scented Candle since who knows how long that card has been ratting around my sample stash @sonnydee  I bet we all have one lol!

Anonymous Insider

Re: RE: 100 Shades of Eyeshadow Challenge

Hope you feel better soon. @michelleshops 

Thank you @Anonymous  I am feeling better and my nose is no longer Rudolph red, thank goodness!

#56 and #57, running out of ideas! SEPHORA COLLECTION - Colorful Shadow & Liner - 09 Kaki topped with Hikari cream pigment in Latte (received in an Ipsy bag, I think). 

Anonymous Insider

You came up with a good one today. @tastelikewater  Very pretty. 

RE: Re: 100 Shades of Eyeshadow Challenge

I'm so inspired by all of you who experiment with bold colors! I'm one of the only people at my job who wears makeup, so I feel the need to keep it as natural as possible. Someday I'll learn how to take bold colors and sheer them out/pair them with more neutral shadows to make them more work-appropriate.

Also, I've finally run into the problem of forgetting if I've used these shades so far in this challenge! Too lazy to scour my previous posts Aaaanyway, today I used the Kevyn Aucoin NUDEPOP again: Canvas, Sculpt, Hue, Portrait, and Creation (definitely haven't used this one yet, so #55).

if I'm not feeling sassy enough to rock a bold one @taste...

if I'm not feeling sassy enough to rock a bold one @tastelikewater I let a little bold peek out right by my outer v. (so darker shade/small strip of bold, if that makes sense) good luck!

@tastelikewater maybe on days you don't work, experiment,...

@tastelikewater maybe on days you don't work, experiment, that way if you don't like it or it's too bold you'll be right at home 😉
Anonymous Insider

Re: RE: Re: 100 Shades of Eyeshadow Challenge

This is sooo pretty. @tastelikewater How do you blend so well. Your technique is fabulous. 

You're far too kind @Anonymous, thank you! I think it's a credit to the eyeshadow formulas, and not to me 🙂 These shades in particular are very close to each other in the same color family, which makes blending much easier. I only have drugstore brushes (Real Techniques) and try to use a light hand. 

Real techniques makes decent brushes @tastelikewater   I have more than a few myself!

@tastelikewater I feel that part about the only one wearing makeup - I already stand out just by wearing lipstick!! Not that it’s ever stopped me.... 😂

this is is a beautiful look on you, and sooo nicely blended 😍

@cianni Makeup is way too much fun to stop wearing just because nobody else does! I can't help myself. 

Today I used the James Charles and the Jaclyn hill pallets to do this look based on one of the books that I can relate the most “fangirl” by rainbow rowel. Such beautiful cover that always gives me inspiration every time I see it.

Gorgeous! @galibooks . Ooh to have your lids and be able to show those colors without much effort 🙂

@galibooks  This is sooo pretty and the colors are gorgeous!! You definitely are so talented at getting such special looks!! Can't wait to see what you do next!!😊

This is so pretty!
1 Reply
testing