Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

100 Shades of Eyeshadow Challenge

Inspired by @Samtian 's new year's resolution and the 100 Days of Lipstick Challenge started by @snoflakefaerie ! I thought it would be fun to do the same thing with eyeshadows!!

I have so many eyeshadow shades I never wear!  The 100 days of lip challenge has really encouraged me to branch out! So I'm challenging myself (and whoever else wants to join) to use more of them. I'm going to try to make my way through my whole collection using different shades each day! Share some eye looks or swatches - whatever's easier! 

Spoiler

Tags:

Re: 100 Shades of Eyeshadow Challenge

@Kim888 I’ve been meaning to pick up Salted Caramel too. Definitely check those out next time you’re in store, they’re so pretty. I’m not a huge fan of the scent even if I love coffee but it fades with a bit of wear.

@makeitup305 Salted Caramel is so pretty! You won't regret it. I also picked up French Press; I used to be intimidated by browns, but this one builds so well that you can go anywhere from sheer to opaque. I agree that the smell and taste are a bit strange, not quite the "coffee" I imagined, but they do fade. 

@tastelikewater the taste is almost "burnt" like old coffee grounds. As for the other colors, I've been hoping they do a weekly wow or something similar for them. I think Flat White would be a nice one to lighten up lipsticks too

If they were part of a Weekly Wow, I'd pick up at least one more color! Dirty Chai is gorgeous, and I'm intrigued by Flat White. 

Anonymous Insider

This is sooo pretty. You are very talented. Sorry but what do you mean by duochrome effect? I still have a lot to learn. Love the look. @makeitup305 💛

@Anonymous Thank you! A duochrome shade is one that shifts from one color to another- in this case, even though I only have one shade all over the lid, it looks green in the middle but a purple/brown on the outer part. 

Anonymous Insider

Thanks. @makeitup305 That is really cool 

@Anonymous I love duochromes. They’re a lot of fun.

Love it 😍@makeitup305 & always fun to play with the precious before showers!

@sonnydee definitely! It’s the best time to practice new techinques or try color combinations.

This is just so gorgeous @makeitup305. I’m in love 😍

@blackkitty2014 Thank you!

I'm going to cheat a little. Hope y'all dont mind. 😉 I'm counting palettes I use & since I used 2...this is Day 8/9. The Lila palette I used the light one as my inner corner. The dark my lid. KVD lightest I used as my brow bone. the 'base' largest pan, I used as my base & in my crease. the matte darkest KVD went into my outer corner. I learned a valuable lesson today. This morning, I used my HG-might-buy-a-second-set CT eye brushes. But I almost *hated* the look but it was too late to change it so I fixed it the best I could & went off to church. tonight before I washed it all off I used a fluffier, longer brush & the dark shade actually blended! (CT it would not blend at all, I even used both palettes KVD to see if my messed up one changed the formula. Nope just wouldn't blend.) So 1. you can never have enough eye brushes! 😁2. dont be afraid to experiment with those different brush types before you call it quits on a shade!😃

I love the Lila palette @sonnydee

I love the Lila palette @sonnydee

How do you keep your ND palette so clean @sonnydee??? So much of the glitter from the shadows in mine has travelled outside of the pans and it just looks messy🤨

@eshoe 🤗 Probably for a couple of reasons:1. I got OCD,...

@eshoe 🤗 Probably for a couple of reasons:1. I got OCD, I dont let any fallout linger. I blow it away immediately. 2. I've used this palette 3 times now. (yea I know shameful😯) and the last reason.3. I've been using my fingers alot with this palette. which surprised me. But I couldn't get the color to pop & I got impatient. (shimmers, I haven't used the mattes yet. but with pat m. it was brush for mattes, fingers for shimmer/glitter. ) or maybe I just need to experiment with my brushes. 😋

Re: @eshoe 🤗 Probably for a couple of reasons:1. I got OCD,...

Ahhhh, thank you @sonnydee. I think I am going to try to clean mine somehow and get it to look more like yours😊 No shame in cleanliness!

@sonnydee so true - can never have enough eye brushes!

@sonnydee agree on the "never enough eye brushes"! Sometimes the cut, type or shape of a brush can make all the difference in the world.

technically day 4 for me lol it's been too long without makeup, kids goback to school tomorrow 😆 but I needed a quick makeup fix, so my shades 12-16 from the boxycharm Pur palette are: purfect, Mia, squad, charmer and duet. please don't mind my eyebrows I'm growing them back out 😉

very pretty @lmaster !

2 Replies
testing