Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

100 Shades of Eyeshadow Challenge

Inspired by @Samtian 's new year's resolution and the 100 Days of Lipstick Challenge started by @snoflakefaerie ! I thought it would be fun to do the same thing with eyeshadows!!

I have so many eyeshadow shades I never wear!  The 100 days of lip challenge has really encouraged me to branch out! So I'm challenging myself (and whoever else wants to join) to use more of them. I'm going to try to make my way through my whole collection using different shades each day! Share some eye looks or swatches - whatever's easier! 

Spoiler

Tags:

Re: 100 Shades of Eyeshadow Challenge

@Luvstravel I've seen some of the TF creme shadows at my CCO. What do you think of them? This looks great, so shiny!

@makeitup305, It applied so easy, but I forgot to look at my eyes later in the day (hectic day) to see if it creased. I don't think it did.

thanks @Luvstravel I might swing by my CCO and see what colors they have 😉

I have the Toasted Palette and never use it @Luvstravel. I’m so thankful for this thread, everyone is giving me lots of ideas for some ways to use my palettes (including yours😉). 

How do you like using the cream shadow? I love it (not Tom Ford, but Julep) but find it creases. I don’t use my base under it though🤔

@eshoe, this was the first time I've used a cream eyeshadow and didn't notice any creasing.  I used my urban decay primer then I always lightly powder then I applied my toasted palette, mostly a base layer of tan then topped it with the cream eyeshadow for a pop. It really was easy to apply, sorta like my Marc Jacobs seequins shadows I love so much.

Hmmm ok I will have to try a base @Luvstravel. I reserve it for my lazy day makeup but one extra step isn’t too bad😉

@eshoe, I just did a layer of tan because I wanted it to seam together since I was just putting the creme eyeshadow to make a pop of color. When I use the Marc Jacobs seequins I don't put any eyeshadow down first since I smudge it in all over my lid.

so pretty @Luvstravel I need to use shades like that more...

so pretty @Luvstravel I need to use shades like that more often 😉

Re: so pretty @Luvstravel I need to use shades like that more...

@lmaster, Thanks.

ND Mini Star. It’s disappointing to me how unable I am to get the duochrome to show as intensely on my eyes as it does in the pan.ND Mini Star. It’s disappointing to me how unable I am to get the duochrome to show as intensely on my eyes as it does in the pan.PMG Bronze Seduction. This look was done in less than 5 min since we came up with last minute NYE plans.PMG Bronze Seduction. This look was done in less than 5 min since we came up with last minute NYE plans.

Here are two looks from this week. I’ve been rushing out of the house almost every day so I haven’t had a chance to do a lot of makeup. Here are the ones from yesterday and NYE using NATASHA DENONA - Mini Star Eyeshadow Palette and PAT McGRATH LABS Mothership V Eyeshadow Palette - Bronze Seduction

perfect just perfect @makeitup305 😍

perfect just perfect @makeitup305 😍

Re: perfect just perfect @makeitup305 😍

thanks @lmaster you're so sweet!

RE: Re: 100 Shades of Eyeshadow Challenge

That is so nice and beautiful!
Anonymous Insider

Wow! So pretty. And the lipstick is fabulous. Plus you did it in the car 🤗 @makeitup305

thanks @Anonymous! the ND I did in the car and the PMG at home but I did both in kind of a rush haha good shadows are definitely worth the money in times of crisis 😉

@makeitup305 I know this is about the eye shadow but I must know what that red lipstick is please. 

@alexasteph Understandable, it’s one of my favorite lipsticks. It’s NARS Audacious Lipstick Charlotte. It’s more of a reddish berry but super pretty.

@makeitup305 Ooooh that’s already on my list so I think it’s definitely gunna have to be a pick up! It looks great on you. 

@alexasteph thank you. It was my first really expensive lipstick, before that I’d only had drugstore or maybe MAC so it has a special place for me. Plus, the formula is great on this one. It doesn’t bleed on me (though a lip pencil would probably have been a good idea since the tip Is worn down)). Highly recommend it!

I can almost see the duochrome @makeitup305, I have thought about picking up the Mini Star that green is beautiful! 

@eshoe that duochrome kills me. Whether with my finger or my ESUM brush (my favorite for that type of thick formula) it requires too much building up for the duochrome to really pop and even when I do it seems to fade (not the shadow, just the shift). I might try it over a glitter glue or a paint pot, this is just over a slightly powdered lid since I did it in the car. I like the palette but I don’t think it’s a must have. I’m jealous of all your greens in her big palette!

2 Replies
testing