Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

100 Shades of Eyeshadow Challenge

Inspired by @Samtian 's new year's resolution and the 100 Days of Lipstick Challenge started by @snoflakefaerie ! I thought it would be fun to do the same thing with eyeshadows!!

I have so many eyeshadow shades I never wear!  The 100 days of lip challenge has really encouraged me to branch out! So I'm challenging myself (and whoever else wants to join) to use more of them. I'm going to try to make my way through my whole collection using different shades each day! Share some eye looks or swatches - whatever's easier! 

Spoiler

Tags:
Anonymous Insider

wonderful, i love the combination of black and gold.

wonderful, i love the combination of black and gold.

Re: 100 Shades of Eyeshadow Challenge

Day 10.jpg

Day 10- Morphe 3502- Brick with Sizzle on top, not that you can see it. My first no shade of the palette Brick. It was too patchy. I put Sizzle on top of it and it looked really pretty, but couldn't capture that. I had to go out into the public today...yuck! jk.

Anonymous Insider

Very pretty. @Samtian

@AnonymousThank you!!

RE: Re: 100 Shades of Eyeshadow Challenge

So pretty!

Re: RE: Re: 100 Shades of Eyeshadow Challenge

@galibooksThank you!

I really love your end result ๐Ÿ˜Š @Samtian

I really love your end result ๐Ÿ˜Š @Samtian

Re: I really love your end result ๐Ÿ˜Š @Samtian

@lmasterThanks! It looked better in person...I hope! ๐Ÿ˜„

Ahh no that sucks about Brick @Samtian! At least sizzle saved itโœจ I havenโ€™t tried that shade yet!

I managed to use some more shades and turn out some looks! Except I canโ€™t capture it on camera for some reason (see: my pathetic attempt below). If anyone has some tips, that would be great! My eye is open for the pic because I couldnโ€™t capture the under-eye shade when closed.

shades 7-10: Morphe 3502 shades Universal, Dust and Pure. Too Faced Lifeโ€™s a Festival (underneath the lower lashline) shade  fireflies.

i also managed to use the Laura Mercier caviar stick in Amethyst today for work, bringing my grand shadow total to 11 so far ๐Ÿ˜‚ 3BB82F47-3749-48EE-9B65-3BC6E682D1B2.jpeg

Anonymous Insider

I think it looks great. You did a fine job. Better than I could have done. Maybe one day I will have the guts to show you guys. ๐Ÿ˜ž @cianni

@Anonymous thank you!! And donโ€™t be shy ๐Ÿ˜ this is such a supportive, judgement-free zone โค๏ธโค๏ธ Iโ€™m sure whatever looks you turn out are stunning anyways!

Anonymous Insider

Thanks I appreciate that. @cianni

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜ @cianni I have many attempts before I find a...

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜ @cianni I have many attempts before I find a decent photo! it's always something from lighting to my angle uughhh

Re: ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜ @cianni I have many attempts before I find a...

@lmaster itโ€™s so hard!! After this attempt I gave up LOL at least the highlighter was poppin good enough for me ๐Ÿ˜‚

@cianniLooks great! I suck at capturing them as well. How you liking the Morphe palette? I'm working on that one right now.

@Samtian Iโ€™m liking better now that I know how to work with it! The creasing was terrible at first. I never really used a real โ€œeye primerโ€, usuallt just concealer with or without setting powder. But I use the NARS Pro-Primeโ„ข Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base Originalnnow and itโ€™s made a huge difference in the staying power. And the blending LOL omg I didnโ€™t expect some of those colors to apply the way that they do (specifically that bright red shade... I looked terrifying because I didnโ€™t expect it to be that pigmented). I wanted to do the one palette per month challenge with it, but I think this challenge works better for me because i feel like eventually all the looks are gonna end up too similar because the entire palette is so warm

That Nars base is so good isnโ€™t it @cianni?

@eshoe omg so good! Everyone always suggests the UD primer potion, and the Nars never really comes up in recommendations ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿฝโ€โ™€๏ธ The consistency is perfect!

@cianniHaha I was prepared for the bright red, but not some of the dark browns!

100 Shades of Eyeshadow Challenge

my sweet little mini makeup artist in the works! she is "mastering" the trade very nicely! if I don't say so myself. she's 11 and no I don't let her go out in public with this much on, but she is free to be creative at home. using the James Charles palette she wanted for Christmas. she even cut the crease ๐Ÿ˜

testing